Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys it looks like you all got a great site here.

I've been looking at a 2002 Tundra 4dr Access Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road at the dealer. It's got 73,000 miles on it. Color is gold. Has a tonneau, new wheels (and tires), and what looks to be a three inch lift.

Anyone have any ideas on pricing for the truck?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$9800 for the V8, $9200 for the one missing two cylinders. I knocked off about $1K for the lift kit. It may look cool, but you don't know if it was done right and it won't be under warranty if it wasn't.
Yup it's the 4.7 L.

I'll find out more about the mods. To tell ya the truth, I don't like the rims - I prefer stock. And with the lift - ya it makes the truck look mean, but I know exactly what you're saying. I'll get it all checked out.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Check into that lift...if its a cheap over the top spacer lift (sits on top of the strut/spring assy), then I wouldn't mess with it unless you went to a coilover setup or adjustable bilsteins. Otherwise, you'll definitely be asking for trouble with your ball joints in the near future, depending on how long (if) the over the top spacer was on there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check into that lift...if its a cheap over the top spacer lift (sits on top of the strut/spring assy), then I wouldn't mess with it unless you went to a coilover setup or adjustable bilsteins. Otherwise, you'll definitely be asking for trouble with your ball joints in the near future, depending on how long (if) the over the top spacer was on there.
If it's spacers, then I'll probably remove em. I've heard good things about bilsteins though. I'll find out more tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, i'm sure the guy tried to trade it in. go to most dealership web sites, & input the info as if you were going to trade it in. it will give you a great idea of what the dealership would pay on a trade. also try kelly bluwe book get retail, private sale, trade in values, also do the same for NADA. this info will help in your bargaining. bring the paper work when you go for the deal.
good luck,
gorilla

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just called the dealer and they said their price was $13,960. I told them that was too high. They just got it in the other day, so they haven't had a chance to look it over.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts