Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 with 25,000 Mls. I have had the car serviced at my local dealer every 3,500 Mls at which time they rotate the tires. Last week I was informed that my tires are less that 2/32 of tred. I have Bridgestone Turanza tires size 195/55/16. First I never expected the tires to be worn out at 25,000 Mls. Second the 195/55/16 tires are rare by that I mean that no one here in the North East ( other than a Toyota dealer ) carries this size tire in stock. I checked ALL large tire supply houses within 100 plus miles. What would happen if you and your family where on a trip. The truck infront of you drops some debri that you cannot avoid. You wind up with TWO flat tires. One is no problem you have the spare. Now you need a second tire. You try several local repair garages. What you will hear is I can get you a tire in a couple of days I have to order it I donot carry that ODD size in stock. Plus the tire has a " V " rating which is a very soft compound whcih means it sticks to the road but will wear out in 25 to 30,000 MLs. Toyota lists only a couple of O E M tires for the Prius. With all the tires avalible why an ODD Size tire? Why a tire that you can only get 25,000 Mls and cost from $125 to $225 a piece plus taxes and mounting fees.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts