Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered myself in a set of Pro-Comp Xtreme MT 305/55/20s ... They'll be installed on factory rims next weekend, pics to come ...
Already have the Ready-Lift 3/1 SST installed

How do you like your Pro-Comps?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I run the Extream A/Ts as my alternates and i love them.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Nice tires, but kinda heavy at 70lbs each. Expect a bit of a performance hit, but Im sure you already knew that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also have the extreme all-terrains, and they have been a great tire! They aren't noisy, they look great and they are wearing very minimal. I have put 20k miles on them and they are still beefy! Even after numerous burnouts!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I also have the extreme all-terrains, and they have been a great tire! They aren't noisy, they look great and they are wearing very minimal. I have put 20k miles on them and they are still beefy! Even after numerous burnouts!

i couldnt have said it better myself. :tu::tu::tu::tu::tu:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Having run Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Pro Grade (10 ply)two sets in a row I wasnt totally confident with ordering ProComps or in a MT because I run on a lot of ice roads. Everyone Ive talked to had great things to say about them except for pre-mature wear but its my understanding they need a little more attention regarding tire rotations and air pressures.
The Wranglers I had ordered were about 2600 bucks (305/60/20 - 10ply) so I shopped around and found that most tires in that size were also in that price range except for the Procomps, about 2100 bucks (305/55/20)
So thanks for all the input! Much more confident now! If anyone else has anything to add please do so!

Oh and Im aware of the stolen power due to the size and weight, Ive run alot of different tires and sizes on many different trucks... If the Tundra didnt have 381horse and a 6spd trans Id be a little more worried. Besides its nothing an exhaust and ACI wont fix

·
Registered
961 Posts
I love my 275/60/20 Extreme MT's. For the price paid they are a vey good tire. Smooth on the Hiway, but they do make noise, about the same as a BF or Cooper MT. Toyo MT's are quieter, but alot more money.

I will be buying Extreme MTs for a while down the road.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Having run Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor Pro Grade (10 ply)two sets in a row I wasnt totally confident with ordering ProComps or in a MT because I run on a lot of ice roads. Everyone Ive talked to had great things to say about them except for pre-mature wear but its my understanding they need a little more attention regarding tire rotations and air pressures.
The Wranglers I had ordered were about 2600 bucks (305/60/20 - 10ply) so I shopped around and found that most tires in that size were also in that price range except for the Procomps, about 2100 bucks (305/55/20)
So thanks for all the input! Much more confident now! If anyone else has anything to add please do so!

Oh and Im aware of the stolen power due to the size and weight, Ive run alot of different tires and sizes on many different trucks... If the Tundra didnt have 381horse and a 6spd trans Id be a little more worried. Besides its nothing an exhaust and ACI wont fix

:bolt: :frusty: 2100 for 305/55/20?....i hate to say, you are getting ripped, i got my 3 same size make and brand for ~1200 and it was buy 3 get 1 free, so it was ~1200 for 4. you really need to shop around for better prices....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
zbfb10,
you really need to check your facts ...
First off Im up in Canada so with the exhange thats roughly another 22%, also Ive ordered the tires through a friend at Fountain Tire. After it was all said and done the price came to a hair over 1700 bucks CDN ... and unfortunantly the 3 for 1 sale wasnt on, but I got that price plus better.
My dealer and other tire warhouses couldnt come close to that price... I said around 2100 because that would be the price without my discounts
So next time instead of telling someone they're an idiot get ur sh*t straight

·
Registered
229 Posts
meaney, you're not too smart are you? I see no where in your posts about a discounted rate and z said you are getting ripped off, not that you were an idiot. Your response to z's information makes you the idiot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
obviously the way we replied to this topic this makes up both idiots ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.