Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
No issues with my Detroit. However, I plan on taking mine out for inspection. :eek:

I've had mine installed for over a year now. I've heard of similar stories on Pirate.

Keep us posted on what happens next...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark has gone above and beyond to try and help me. He even contacted Detroit Locker to try and show them how they under engineered the bolts which hold together the case halves of the unit.

I spoke to Detroit Locker and tried to show them where they have a design flaw, they blame the original Toyota rear end! I would agree except that not a single component of my original axle has ever failed, but the bolts holding together the case halves of my Detroit Locker have backed out twice! Whatever you do, DO NOT BUY A DETROIT LOCKER!

·
Premium Member
6,873 Posts
I got to the point that I was checking the bolts before every trip to make sure they were still where they were supposed to be. You can see them with a flashlight when you pull the filler plug off the back off of the rear end. I inspected mine before my new years trip and all of the bolts were in place.

I only drove the truck for 2-3 hours after inspection before the bolts backed out:first:

ANYBODY WITH A DETROIT LOCKER IN THEIR TACO/TUNDRA SHOULD INSPECT THE BOLTS THAT HOLD THE CASE HALVES TOGETHER.
Thanks for the info. Going to see about checking them tonight via the fill plug. Mine a daily driver. So down time would not be good...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts