Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys Just installed a avh-3200dvd . Everything works fine on unit. BUT something is wrong with dimer switch knob in truck. When I rotate knob up or down dash illumination dimmer light work fine , But when I rotate down almost to lowest setting the A/C light panel and shifter indicator lights go on and clock starts blinking on and off.Rotate back to high dash is back to normal , clock is back to normal . No lights for shifter or a/c control knobs. The buttons on a/c panel work fine as they should.
Any ideas what wire to check . I installed the HU to the aftermarket Scoshe plug then connected to factory harness. I did not hook up dimmer light wire.Left that off, but did hook up to check if that may be causing problem but still no difference.Then disconnected it.
HU took out was non jbl 6 disc unit.
I am at a loss , every works fine. Just A/C panel illumination , shifter Illumination, and clock blinking?
I rechecked all wires cannot locate a problem, also checked dimmer switch harness thought it may be loose but its fine.
I need a wiring expert on this one. :ts:
2007 Tundra non jbl system. 4x4 sr5 5.7

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did you have a light peach colored wire on your vehicle side that didn't get picked up by the aftermarket wiring kit?

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you have a light peach colored wire on your vehicle side that didn't get picked up by the aftermarket wiring kit?
I will pull out the hu again I hope after work on Wensday. I do remember a dimmer negative wire in second harness supplied by scoshe that was marked negative. And the other plug was for the postive side but i disconneted the dimmer wire, And there was no negative dimmer wire comming from HU 3200 DVD. I have to check the colors
:beatsme:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts