Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the alpine ida-x100 into my 2005 tundra and used a Scosche adapter to tie it into my factory amp. Since the installation I have had a buzz that seems to come from the alternator (as it only buzzes when the engine is running). I contacted the vendor and they suggested running a new ground wire which I did to no avail. My question is:
1) any other suggestions to get rid of the buzz as it is ANNOYING!

I took my car to a car audio shop and they suggested running new speakers (they said the factory JBL's are crap) and running a new amp. All this for the low low price of $1800.

Any help would be appreciated as I am a newbie to car stereos.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
66 Posts
What your gonna need is a simple rf noise filter. They are cheap and attach to the 12v power cable to the radio. Most head units have built in noise suppressors, but I guess yours doesn't. I personally would get rid of that crappy factory amp:tsk:, not a difficult DIY project you just need a plan before you start.;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice. Sounds like I should just run the speakers to the Head Unit. That brings up some additional questions:
1) should I run new wire and leave the old wire and amp or should I dig it all out.
2) Do I have to worry about the factory speakers and the ohms rating "harming" my head unit as one dealer told me? He told me that the factory speakers have a lower ohms rating and would harm the amp.
Thanks again,
Matt

·
Registered
18 Posts
Unless you plan to sell your upgraded system with the truck when you get rid of it, you may want to disconnect & leave in. This way, when you go to sell, all you need to do is plug it back in, and not reinstall everything. Just a thought. I guess its a personal opinion. I am curious, where is the factory amp located? My factory JBL drivers door speaker blew, and I was going to replace it, but I may go with another brand, but then modifications come into play.
Scott:laughing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.