Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I'm new here obviously. I was just wondering if any of you opted for the Loaded, 4x4, Limited, Crewmax? Apparently they're hard as hell to find and I'm really not trying to wait 4 months+ for the truck I want. I've heard some stories about things being scarce, and I just don't understand why Toyota wouldn't have more Crewmax's with the Navigation option.

I plan to go to my dealer tomorrow and put in a special order because that's the only way I'll be able to get:

Crewmax 4x4, Limited
Black exterior
Red Rock interior
Navigation
Sonar
Remote start w/ upgraded alarm
Moonroof
Flare side/step bar combo
Rear DVD Headrest entertainment system
Other things like rims and such I'll add later.

Sorry......guess I just wanted to vent....I want my truck and I want it now. Can you tell I'm a chick? ;):mad:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey Guys,

I'm new here obviously. I was just wondering if any of you opted for the Loaded, 4x4, Limited, Crewmax? Apparently they're hard as hell to find and I'm really not trying to wait 4 months+ for the truck I want. I've heard some stories about things being scarce, and I just don't understand why Toyota wouldn't have more Crewmax's with the Navigation option.

I plan to go to my dealer tomorrow and put in a special order because that's the only way I'll be able to get:

Crewmax 4x4, Limited
Black exterior
Red Rock interior
Navigation
Sonar
Moonroof

Sorry......guess I just wanted to vent....I want my truck and I want it now. Can you tell I'm a chick? ;):mad:
The Crewmaxes have only been shipping for a few weeks, mine was the first one the dealer got, and I've only had mine a week. This week he got another one and sold it almost instantly. Your truck sounds like the exact truck I'd want too, just the same, they had this black SR5 in stock, and it was close enough for me, so I jumped on it. No regrets.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hey Guys,

Crewmax 4x4, Limited
Black exterior
Red Rock interior
Navigation
Sonar
Moonroof

You do know the factory rear seat dvd screen is not mounted in the headrest, correct?

·
Registered
209 Posts
We had a blue streak lmtd crewmax it went out same day. full stick/it had alot of options on it-46 or $48k. We have nothing at moment (crewmax)
:(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx Mainliner.....yeah I don't like the flip down. It gets in the way and the dual system is better for my boys. I know they can install the Headrest DVD systems at the dealer. I was told any option that ended in AT has to be done at the factory, but others can be added by them

I'm originally from Maryland and I even checked there....nothing close. Apparently from the 4 dealers I've dealt with....the truck I want is scarce and a hot commodity. They actually had one coming in that a Doctor had wanted, but they hadn't heard from him. They gave him one last call and of course he still wants it damnit!!!

I WANT Black, but I've even tried settling for Nautical Blue or the Silver Metallic....just to see if I can get one faster. No luck , so I figure.....since I'm paying a pretty penny I may as well wait for what I want, but it's sooo freakin hard. Especially after reading you guys posts and seeing pics.....MAN I can't wait!! That truck is beastin!!!

Thanx for the feedback! :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I know how you feel Jaysgrl99:mad: When you want something so badly and you can't have it now, it sucks. I consider myself very lucky. I got what I think is the first CrewMax SR5 in NJ on Mar 24th. My dealer has not got another CM in since then. They told me their next CM is expected the first week of May:confused:

My advice, go in and place an order ASAP. Your going to be paying top $ for a fully loaded CM Limited, so you want to get it the way you want it, with no regrets later.

Good luck in your search for the elusive CrewMax:tu:

·
Registered
202 Posts
A month ago I called or went to 14 dealers in Los Angeles. Nobody had the 4x4 limited CrewMax (forget about options). I finally found Dianne at San Juan Capistrano and she had one coming in that I nabbed for what I felt was a reasonable price given the difficulty of finding this truck. Longo Toyota (they sell 2300 cars a month) would come off sticker $500.00. Ugh.
As soon as these 4x4 limited Crewmax's get here they are either already sold or they are bought immediately. I don't know if the dealers are getting sticker for them but I do know that I did my research before I bought my truck and they are just are to come buy right now. Don't expect to find it at invoice. Just be happy you can find your particular truck at all or..... wait a few months.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What is your color prefence if it's white and your wiling to ship or travel theres one here in illinois It's white w/ dvd, sonar, sunroof, 4X4 etc. around 47,800.00 sticker price.

·
Registered
73 Posts
This story sounds very familiar. I had wanted a loaded crewmax limted 4x4 with nav. I put a deposit down in January about a week after the crewmax was unveiled, and before the dealer could put in any orders. I was the first one at my dealership to have a deposit on a crewmax of any type. I didn't "special order", but rather listed the thingsI would like and was supposed to get right of first refusal to whatever they had incoming.
Fast forward to March and the release of the crewmax. My dealer had no trucks instock or coming configured any where near what I wanted. In addition they had no idea to when anything was coming in. I began to look at the dealers all over Texas. A 4x4 with nav was about imposible (found 1 already sold). I did finally find a loaded 4x2 with nav and got a great deal (>$3000 off MSRP) at another dealer, and went for it. When I went to the original dealer to ge my deposit back they said that it would be at least a month more before anything remotely close to what I had wanted.
I find it interesting that Toyota is not building turcks as people would like them. Especially here in Texas where plenty of people have very well equipped trucks. In the end I am very happy with my purchase and ended up saving a good bit of money since I had my original deal set for sticker.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The configuration I ordered isn't even a CrewMax and I'm going to have to wait approx ~60 days to get it :cry:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I am in the same boat. Put my order in for 4x4 CM limited Slate.....everything but NAV, DVD, and Moonroof. Custom buildout for me since I am one of the few who wants the Limited pckg, but doesn't want the moonroof that is standard for our build region. A buddy ordered one similar to mine in MN and he just was informed that his build date is the week of May 8th with expected delivery two weeks following the build date. Not sure if that is how it will go down, but if that is correct than I can start to think mine will be ready around mid June! I have major truck envy of all other CM drivers out there. CMON TOYOTA get us our trucks, and stop building the truck versions YOU want to sell us.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey Guys,

Crewmax 4x4, Limited
Black exterior
Red Rock interior
Navigation
Sonar
Moonroof

I have a DC limited in black/redrock and have decided to sell and buy a Crewmax in black/redrock. Luckily, the same dealer that I bought from in South Carolina just got allocated a black/redrock limited Crewmax with Navi and loaded. So, I put a deposit on it yesterday and it will be in on June 4th. So, I lucked out and just happen to look on their website the day it allocated. Without ordering one, it may be hard to find. I wish you luck and remember that our black/redrock Tundras are faster than everyone elses:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts