Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very nice unit. Make sure you buy the wire harness with it. Installs in less than 5 minutes, just plug in the connector and away you go.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Very nice unit. Make sure you buy the wire harness with it. Installs in less than 5 minutes, just plug in the connector and away you go.
Where did you mount yours? I'm going to move mine as it hits my knee. I knew I shouldn't have put it there but like a dumb @ss I did it anyway.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tucked it under by the Emergency Brake. It came with a quick disconnect feature, so I only put it in the truck when I'm towing the boat.
Have not noticed it hitting my knee, maybe my feet would hit it if I'm careless.

Too bad GMC/GM 1/2 tons trucks don't have this connector feature.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Which connector feature? I used a similar harness between my controller and wiring terminal on my Chevy. Am I missing something here?

I might move mine below the steering column where I had it in my Chevy. I didn't put it there originally in the Tundra because it is hard to see. This dash is angled more and the controller is tucked up under the wheel. Once I know where to reach for it it should be okay. The sucky part will be the two holes left behind from the old location. :td:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When I looked at the Chevy Silverado, I asked the dealer about a quick connect feature for the brake controller and he knew nothing about. He said I would have to splice in the wiring myself:td:

·
Registered
42 Posts
How much did the harness cost?, did you get this from your toyota dealer?

Thanks
Mark,

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I just ordered a Prodigy from Camping World. They do not show a wiring harness for a Toyota...just Dodge, Ford, and Chevy. Where did you buy the harness, and what was the part number?? Thanks in advance........

·
Registered
71 Posts
The harness part number is 3040.

·
Registered
595 Posts
When I looked at the Chevy Silverado, I asked the dealer about a quick connect feature for the brake controller and he knew nothing about. He said I would have to splice in the wiring myself:td:
Like usual, the person at the dealer is uninformed. That is why I use the Internet to research just about everything.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I placed mine on the dash shroud above the gas pedal. I can still reach it and it is out of the way. I took mine out of my 05 Tundra. The wiring is different on the 07 5.7L. A quit trip to prodigy's web site and I had it straightened out quickly. I used the supplied pig-tail (found in the glove compartment). My RV dealer had installed the Prodigy originaly in the 05 Tundra and they supplied the patch cable. I did manage to snatch it out of my old truck before I traded it in. I think that it is a generic cable so it should be available.

Bill

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought the harness at rvwholesalers.com. The Tundra comes with a connector already installed. Just buy the wire harness to connect to the brake controller and plug and play. No wiring, soldering or crimping needed.:) :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought the harness at rvwholesalers.com. The Tundra comes with a connector already installed. Just buy the wire harness to connect to the brake controller and plug and play. No wiring, soldering or crimping needed.:) :)
Can you verify which one it is? I think its the plain 3040?

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
3040 is correct. I have that installed on my 07.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I purchased the new P3 from Tekonsha with the Toyota wiring harness for less than I could get the Prodigy at Camping World and installed it where the ash tray is. I don't hit my knees and can reach it better in a tight situation (hopefully never). It took me about 30 minutes to run the harness and screw in the mount. I left the ash tray bracket in and screwed the mount to it instead of the plastic underneath. Below is where I purchased it and it has a $20.00 rebate.

Save at RV Partscenter - RV Parts and Supply

·
Registered
42 Posts
3040 is correct. I have that installed on my 07.
thanks mln,

Had planned to just cut and splice....... didn't know a harness was available.

On order now....... $15, including shipping to the great white north.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quick question I purchased mine including the harness. Easy install. Pulled the side pannel plugged in the harness and mounted the ground wire next to the ground by the door. Anyways I got it all put back together, but now I'm wonder why the unit shows power all the time? I figured it would be shut off when the powers off? Any ideas?

Jason

1 - 20 of 79 Posts