Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am hoping somebody can clear up some confusion that I have.

I just bought a 2004 Sequoia Limited and want to get my husband a new retractable key from mykeyless on ebay. He has always wanted an "all in one" key like that, so I figured this would be a nice surprise for him.

I called the dealership and they said they would cut the new key blank for free, but it would cost $100 for them to program the transponder chip in the key.

As I have been reading different posts on this forum and from google, it seems like I should be able to program the new key by myself. But then, I have read other posts that say it is not possible to program the new keys on 2004 and later models.

Has anybody done this on a 2004 Sequoia? Do you know if it is possible? I cannot afford this surprise for my husband if is is going to cost an additional $100 to have it programmed at the dealership. If I can do it on my own, I will be thrilled!

Please post and let me know if you have any experience with this!

Thank you!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Just a quick bump to see if anybody knows.

Thanks!
Yes you can program it on your own. I am not familiar with the ebay all in one key that you have. The 2004 like I have, the key has a little 'dot' on it where it meets the rubber showing it is a programable key. I guess make sure yours is able to do it.

There are instructions on here and all over the web how to do it. I just printed out a couple ways of programming. I think the 3rd one I tried got it. It a series of turning the key in ignition and opening and shutting the doors. It doesn't seem like it will work, but some of them do. You need the original key to program it as well though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.

I am glad to hear that someone else has been successful at this!

Hopefully, I can go on an internet search and find the "magic" dance!!

I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi every member,please im new to this forum,i lost my 2004 sequoia key and i need to programme it back because i've ordered for another.Please anybody with da website for procedure

1 - 5 of 5 Posts