Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone programe the door openers on the homelink mirrors? I just tryed doing what the book says and didn't work, anyone have any tips on this?

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
If your door has a " rolling code " there is an additional step you have to do.I had to try mine a couple of times before I got it. Read the owners manual close and try it again, it should work.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Anyone programe the door openers on the homelink mirrors? I just tryed doing what the book says and didn't work, anyone have any tips on this?

Also, after you program it dont just push the homelink button real quick to open your door, kind of hold it down for a second or two. I had to do that and now it works fine.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I struggled with this, because it said in the manual to use a different procedure for Canada. It takes a while but make sure you have a new battery, believe it or not it wouldn't work for me without a new battery. Then hold the button on the mirror and keep it held. Then hold and keep held the door opener. I wasn't holding it long enough, it says 20 seconds, and it is for sure if not longer. Count it out, the light will start blinking slow on the mirror, then faster, then solid. Once solid, you are done, and yep to try hold the button on the mirror for atleast 1 or 2 seconds. If that desn't work then you have a rolling code and need to follow that. Took me 3 days to figure this out, and I was just not patient enough.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so you hold the button on the garage door opener? I thought it said in the book to continue pressing the button every 1-2 seconds.
:ts:

·
Registered
8 Posts

Yeah, Mine did this to me to. I think others have fooled around with them prior to your purchase. I held down the one on the left and the one on the right at the same time until they blinked really fast for about 10 seconds. This resets the system, kind of clears it out. Then I followed the instuctions... Worked like it should !!;)

·
Registered
104 Posts
nope, do not do the hit the door opening button every 1 or 2 seconds. It don't work, that was my problem. I did that for 3 days, and almost phoned the dealer, so i tried the other way just holding both down, and bingo.....

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have a rolling code opener. I tried programming the homelink with the instructions in the owners manual. Didn't work. Easy way to do it is, take off the garage door opener motor cover. There should be a rather large, colored programming button on the back of the unit. (you'll need two people) depress that button at the same time as someone else depresses the homelink button. Takes a few seconds. Done.

·
Registered
107 Posts
FSS,

Is the button you're describing different than the "learn" button? I have a Genie rolling code opener and no matter which method I try I can't get it to work. I even tried it your way with the learn button and still no luck. If its a different button then I will try it again.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Here's the info below for programming using the "learn" button. I may have given some bad info by stating that you have to hold that button in. However, this only erases the codes. Ooops....
Also, this is for a Chamberlain Security+. I believe the Genie will work the same. Treat the mirror as if it is the remote opener that came with the Genie.

SETTING / PROGRAM A HAND-HELD REMOTE (please read the warning and precautions before starting)

1. On the motor unit, press and release the "Learn" button (normally located on the rear side). The LED near the learn button will light for 30 seconds. BEWARE, be sure to "press and release" the learn button, holding the learn button pressed in, will erase all remotes, keypads or any transmitting devices that are already programmed into the units memory.
2. Within 30 seconds, press and HOLD the button on the remote. If your remote has multiple buttons, press and hold the one button you want to use to activate this opener.
3. Release the button when the light on the motor unit blinks. NOTE: If the light bulbs have not been installed, or are not working, you will hear two clicks indicating the procedure is complete
4. Be sure NOT to be standing directly in the doors travel when testing your remote.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It took me a bit to get it also. With the Genie intellicode it's a two step process. You have to program the remote to the homelink first (by holding the homelink button and the remote button at the same time until the homelink button starts flashing fast-make sure it's close to the mirror-). The next step is to hit the learn button on the opener and push the homelink button twice within 30 seconds. When you push the homelink button, hold it down a couple of seconds each time. If it doesn't open after the second push, try it one more time. Once it's programmed, you do have to hold it down a bit before it works the door.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wooo Hoooo!!!!! It works !!!! Thanks for the info KP and FSS

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a chambelin secruity whisper drive how do I know if it's a rolling code?

·
Registered
500 Posts
If the remote has "Security+" plus on it, it's rolling code for all Chamberlain or Sears brand.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just did a chamberalin opener this morning and it didn't work initially, then I followed the exact steps for the Genie opener and voila, door goes up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't get mine to work. I have a 2005 Tundra that I just bought and this is driving me crazy. I managed to program my girlfriends scion homelink with no issue, but mine just aint working for me. I have a Genie rolling code opener but I cant even get the homelink programed to the remote. When I press both the remote and homelink buttons for the 20 plus seconds it just stays at the slow blink until it reaches a certain point maybe at 50 seconds or so and then the homelink light eventually just shuts off. I have a brand new battery in the remote as well, so it cant be that. I can not get any of the three different remotes (for different garages) i have to work. Any ideas? Maybe the homelink antenna is in a bad spot? thanks

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Well I have tried every combination and no success. I tried to clear the memory following the manual, but all I get is a solid red lite. I tried to learn my security remote garage door button and when I press and hold the the homelink and remote buttons, the lite oes solid red and never changes........... what the f**k :confused:, I'm close to destructive rage.......:mad:

Any ideas on resetting or where I'm going wrong...........

Woodyman

·
Registered
356 Posts
Fly me out there and I will do it for ya :).

Well I have tried every combination and no success. I tried to clear the memory following the manual, but all I get is a solid red lite. I tried to learn my security remote garage door button and when I press and hold the the homelink and remote buttons, the lite oes solid red and never changes........... what the f**k :confused:, I'm close to destructive rage.......:mad:

Any ideas on resetting or where I'm going wrong...........

Woodyman

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
Fly me out there and I will do it for ya :).
Well Thanks to fss & kp78 from the above posts, I was able to program without a problem. Seems the manual is not very clear about it being a two step process.

With that being said, please return the airline tickets that should be coming your way, looks like I won't need your services....................:D :D

Woodyman

1 - 20 of 20 Posts