Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just programmed a new keyless fob for my 2006 Sequoia (I bought my Sequoia used & it didn't come with any fobs). I know there's an Auto Off Headlight function because I saw other Sequoia's with keyless entry do it.
How do I program my keyless entry to turn the headlights off with arming?

·
Premium Member
2,829 Posts
On mine you have to lock twice in order to turn off headlights.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
On mine you have to lock twice in order to turn off headlights.
same way on the tundras. hit lock twice to turn them off. or just walk away and hit lock once and they will stay on for 45? seconds or whatever...then they turn off on their own.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx guys, I tried both and neither worked.
Before I programmed a fob, the lights faded off after 30secs. Now they don't do that anymore, nor do they turn off with hitting "lock" 2ce on the fob. Hoping there's a "programming" function I missed.
Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't have it with me but the owners manual should address this issue.
For example, mine is programmed not to make a sound when locking or unlocking,
just the lights flash quickly.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
Thx guys, I tried both and neither worked.
Before I programmed a fob, the lights faded off after 30secs. Now they don't do that anymore, nor do they turn off with hitting "lock" 2ce on the fob. Hoping there's a "programming" function I missed.
Any other suggestions?
well they would not have "faded" off...they just turn off. the fading is for interior lights......

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is it possible that headlights auto off is not a feature on a 2006? This feature has to be programmed into the onboard computer, which may not have been done in 2006.

The other possibility is that it may be an optional feature that has to be "turned on" by the Techstream computer at a dealership.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Headlight switch must be in auto-mode.(all the way foreward) for the auto-off feature to work. Just my 2 cents....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts