Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to program a new remote for my 2000 tundra. I cannot locate the alarm ecu. I've looked extensively under the dash, on the drivers side, on firewall near stearing column....no luck.

Anyone know where it is located?

leadsled

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
if you look above the brake pedal, you should see a white box wrapped in electrical tape, this isn't the ECU, but it's close. The ECU should be wrapped in foam and should be above it. It should also be attached to the same bolt as this box. You may see a green button on the ECU, but the foam could be obscuring it.
See my post here for pictures: http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/1gen-tundra/75962-keyless-entry-2/#post532839

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ando140,

Thanks for the reply.

I know its not the box wrapped in electrical tape, because I unwrapped it to see already. There is no other box on that bolt, and I looked high and low for another box....with no luck.

There is nothing else on that bolt.

leadsled

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
There have been other people on the boards with the same problem, I'm not sure what to tell you. The factory location (and where the instructions say to mount it if dealer installed) is to attach it to that bolt. I'm sure you have the box in there somewhere, but finding it might not be fun. I'd take the kick plate off (4 screws), and pull the vent duct out (pretty easy, just slides out) and look high & low in there and see if you can find a box. It's likely wrapped in foam, but might not be... the thing to look for is a hole in the side of the box that you can see that green button through.

Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ando140,

Thanks. I've already done that with no luck. I guess I'll keep looking elsewhere. Right kick pannel, behind glovebox, etc.

leadsled

·
Registered
780 Posts
I am trying to program a new remote for my 2000 tundra. I cannot locate the alarm ecu. I've looked extensively under the dash, on the drivers side, on firewall near stearing column....no luck.

Anyone know where it is located?

leadsled
Is the 1st 3 characters of the FCC # on your existing remote "BAB"?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I found it! It's not where anyone said it would be. It was tucked into the underside of the dash to the right of the gas pedal. It wasn't attached in any way, just shoved in. I had to peel back some of the foam to access the green button. Apparently you need to program all remotes in the same session, that is, before you turn the key to the off position. Press the green button until the alarm light on dash lights up, then press the button on the alarm. Repeat for all remotes.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts