Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my truck from a private seller I had the truck delivered. Well the driver apparently lost the key remotes. So I purchased 2 remotes and for the love of God i cannot get them programmed. I’ve tried a couple procedures and neither work. I have a BlueDriver scanner and today I was just goofing around with so I decided to do “scan”. My scanner found code B1242 Wireless Door Lock Tuner Circuit. Now I have figure what to do next. I Googled it, of course, but there is a plethora of things to investigate! So the journey continues to program the remotes I’ve had for almost a year! Any ideas???

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Call a locksmith. It wont cost you a dime to ask them how much and I have seen others on here get one for the same thing and it wasnt a lot of money.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder with the code error if something is wrong with the "door lock tuner circuit" and that's why the remotes won't program 🤔

·
Registered
61 Posts
Lots of discussion on this site about programming these little buggers.
I couldn't get my 2002 to go into programming mode. I do not have the rs3000 system. A local auto audio shop tried to do it but because my truck had the older style OB1 connector he couldn't hook his lap top to the truck. He was going to do it for free.
I gave up and decided to just go on with the one remote I got with the truck. I did replace the broken case wit one I got off of Amazon. Chap

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have 2005 Sequoia. I bought used fob from ebay. I first went to dealer, they said they can not program a fob that had been preprogramed from a previous owner. The Toyota equiptment can not erase previous programming and was designed that way to prevent fraud/theft ( of course requiring you to buy a new one from stealership) They said go to a locksmith, so I went to a locksmith that goes mobile, home and has a parking lot kiosk building, a Persian guy. It took him about a good 30 minutminutes he finally got it done. He charged $30 as he originally quoted, but I didn't have the heart to give him that amount, so I gave him $50. I was just so happy he made it happen. I asked what caused the difficulty. He easily erased original programing BUT Toyota had 3 different fob vendors/systems and he did not know which one was applicable so he had to try each one. Not sure if that info is embeded in VIN number ? .....Moral of this story, don't try DIY on this one, use a professional ("A man has gotta know his limitations" Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry, Inspector Callahan.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts