Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my headlights back from Caesar @ LightWerkz this morning, He did an excellent job! I couldn't be happier.

I had some different plans with my headlights but it didn't work out so I just kept it simple and I am very happy with the outcome.

BHLM w/ color matched paint
FX35 BiXenon Projectors
FX-R clear lenses
Gatling Gun shrouds
55w slim ballasts
6000K D2S bulbs

Unfortunately it is still daylight so I haven't seen them at night yet, I can't wait. So they still need to be aimed properly too, Hopefully in a few hours.

All I have right now is a pic from my Iphone and a pic from LightWerkz website from when they completed them.

I will post up some night shots hopefully soon and some better pics with my camera when I get a chance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
That looks WAY better than what you had planned! Very clean. Those shrouds also look much better than I expected. Excellent job :)

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Looks nice on the dark truck. Let us know how you like them.

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Looks good, did u do the paint yourself, or did he do that too?

I'm almost ready to do the BHLM on mine... is there any answer yet as to whether or not there is a different process for the 2010+ lights (with height-adjustment). I thought someone commented on it, but I can't find it.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I just got my headlights back from Caesar @ LightWerkz this morning, He did an excellent job! I couldn't be happier.

I had some different plans with my headlights but it didn't work out so I just kept it simple and I am very happy with the outcome.

BHLM w/ color matched paint
FX35 BiXenon Projectors
FX-R clear lenses
Gatling Gun shrouds
55w slim ballasts
6000K D2S bulbs

Unfortunately it is still daylight so I haven't seen them at night yet, I can't wait. So they still need to be aimed properly too, Hopefully in a few hours.

All I have right now is a pic from my Iphone and a pic from LightWerkz website from when they completed them.

I will post up some night shots hopefully soon and some better pics with my camera when I get a chance.
Looks great, I was up there yesterday getting mine tweaked a bit and adding a spacer for additional color. They mentioned that yours came out really well and I showed them my idea for yours (which they've never done) and they really liked the look. I told them that the next Tundra/Sequoia owner that gets the gattling gun shrouds really needs to do the angel eyes behind it, if they fit my projector I would have had them switch it out but the LS460 has a dedicated shroud that works with it exclusively.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
Looks good, did u do the paint yourself, or did he do that too?

I'm almost ready to do the BHLM on mine... is there any answer yet as to whether or not there is a different process for the 2010+ lights (with height-adjustment). I thought someone commented on it, but I can't find it.
I'm not sure what the OP did, but I just left the motor unplugged since my headlights are from a 2008. I don't tow, and once you have your cutoff set up the way you want it, there should be no adjustment...IMO.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
That looks WAY better than what you had planned! Very clean. Those shrouds also look much better than I expected. Excellent job :)
my thoughts too. nice an clean. the angel eyes/halos would have just cluttered it up. that truck is too nice for too much clutter. awesome job!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey guys, its been a busy weekend/week...

I can post a pic of the beam soon, I haven't had much time to properly aim them quite yet.
It only took him about 3 days to complete so not too long at all.
TerryDowning - I really like the 3000k fogs right now so I probably won't change them anytime soon.

I didn't do the paint myself, I had them do it as well.

As for the 2010 auto height adjustment nothing is different. No special wiring harness needed or anything since the auto adjustment has its own separate wiring from the headlights. Nice and easy! So they are still fully functional.

ThirdHorsemen - Thanks! Im really liking how they turned out. Couldn't have done it without ya!

JMSinMD - Its gotta be nice to be close enough to just drop by there! Im in Oregon so the completely opposite side! haha. but oh well.

I went back and forth a lot with the gatling gun shrouds and Im glad I chose them. The apollo's are definitely nice but I don't think they would have blended as well with the style of my truck. If my truck was more stock then I probably would have gone with them.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh, and what are you guys doing for your parking lights???
I feel that the factory orange bulbs are a little out of place...but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I bought the silverstar but they're not as 'chrome' as the ones Caesar has. Call him up and let him know you want a set like I have, he has a bunch there.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts