Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 4x4 Sequoia and during my LOF service yesterday at my dealer, I asked for the driveshaft lubrication as specified in the scheduled maintenance manual. My service writer said he didn't think it had to be lubed and the tech told me after it was completed that it was a sealed driveshaft unit. Are they correct or are the grease fittings just the recessed "needle type"? I think they are morons and the tech just doesn't recognize the recessed fittings. Why would Toyota make a note that it is required if there aren't really fittings? Anyone know for sure. I can't really slide under to look myself. Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Complete BS. It is NOT a sealed unit and it does indeed have grease (regular Zerk style) fittings. They are difficult to see, because they are recessed a bit...but they're there. You could use a needle tip to grease them, but it's not necessary. I was able to grease them with the standard "plug-in" female type grease gun tip.

If memory serves, I recall there being fittings at each end of both the front and rear driveshafts (for a total of 4). I'm not 100% positive on that....but I do know there are at least three.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts