Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I might be able to. I have a Corvette and I've been active in an online Corvette forum since late 2001. It's just something I've learned from the forum. I'll "search" and see if I can find any info.

EDIT: OK did a search on the Corvette forum. The 500 mile break in period is for the transmission and rear-end. Also, no super hard stopping for first 200 miles in order to break in your brakes. During the first 500 miles, try to vary your speed.

You should check your owner's manual in regards to a break in period.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Really? I didn't realize you had to properly seat the rings in the rear end gears. ;)
OK, that's a funny HAHA.... In the old days, I do think it was necessary to take it easy on the valve seats. I don't think it's necessary these days. When's the last time you heard of a new car owner having to return it to the dealer because of valve seat problems during the first 500 miles? Now, brake problems...absolutely yes, problems do happen within the first 500 miles without proper break in. Rear end and transmission, not so much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.