Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Would you be interested in ones that dont 'break'?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe - Depends on Price

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 194 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Access cab window latches

Just wondering if any one would be interested in purchasing them made out of a stronger material? Maybe aluminum? I personally dont care that they are broken on my truck cuz I dont ride back there. But if there is enough people interested maybe I will start prototyping them.

·
Banned
8,335 Posts
Re: Access cab window latches

trfytoy said:
Just wondering if any one would be interested in purchasing them made out of a stronger material? Maybe aluminum? I personally dont care that they are broken on my truck cuz I dont ride back there. But if there is enough people interested maybe I will start prototyping them.
mine broke on my old 00 and i didnt care because i never used the useless rear seat's..

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

jdmeg693 said:
i think i'd rather just take it to the dealer and get mine fixed for free
Is there a re-call for them? Do the ones Toyota replaces them with break?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

oh I c.... Toyota replaces the plastic broken one with another soon to be plastic broken one.... I got ya.. Must be nice to have all theat time to spend at the dealer replacing them.

·
Registered
125 Posts

i wish i had time for that. i havent even replaced them yet. i just read about the TSB in another thread

·
Premium Member
1,850 Posts

If your outta warranty your SOL on the TSB. 30k is not that many miles, but for me was many moons ago

Cut em up and I'll by a set

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Did a little research and not 100% but looks like 5 bucks a window.

·
Registered
132 Posts

What? Those window open?;)

·
Premium Member
6,435 Posts

trfytoy said:
FYI - to market/sell any product on this forum you must be a TS.com approved vendor. Should you decide to make these, you may want to contact TundraSoul to see if he will permit you to market/sell these on the forum or through the site store.

·
Registered
79 Posts

I'm in!

Second set ordered on line @ just under $60.00:eek: . I'll keep the old ones and convert them to the new Tundra Solutions aluminum units if/when they become available. :tu:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

nhparrot said:
FYI - to market/sell any product on this forum you must be a TS.com approved vendor. Should you decide to make these, you may want to contact TundraSoul to see if he will permit you to market/sell these on the forum or through the site store.
Hmmm? EBAY! .... maybe, i dunno yet, pm sent to Tundrasoul. thanks!

·
Premium Member
113 Posts

...I'm digressing here :rolleyes: ...but it would have been slick if Toyota went with electric (solenoid) operated latches. Or better yet, put in a power, roll-down window and ditch the pop-outs. Makes me wonder if that is (or was) what the plastic, button knock-out is on the door. Guess it's a moot point now with the all new '07 truck right around the corner.

Anyway my latches are fine, and I rarely use them becasue they're too awkward to access.

·
Banned
8,335 Posts

Jonnie said:
...I'm digressing here :rolleyes: ...but it would have been slick if Toyota went with electric (solenoid) operated latches. Or better yet, put in a power, roll-down window and ditch the pop-outs. Makes me wonder if that is (or was) what the plastic, button knock-out is on the door. Guess it's a moot point now with the all new '07 truck right around the corner.

Anyway my latches are fine, and I rarely use them becasue they're too awkward to access.
The 07 Tundra the back rear window goes down similar to that found on the ford 150 access cab...

·
Registered
910 Posts

jdmeg693 said:
i think i'd rather just take it to the dealer and get mine fixed for free
HAH!

Let me tell you my story, man. When I did the ball joint recall, I asked them to fix the latch under warranty. They didn't have the part in stock, so I had to go back another day.

I bring the truck in to have the latch replaced and they actually had to take the truck out back to the shop and so forth. While I'm waiting for a porter, I go ahead and take the latch off with my own tools!

One HOUR later, the truck is done! What BS! And no, they wouldn't just give me the part over the counter. I told the service advisor that it cost me more to sit around for an hour than the latch itself cost! What dorks!

Go ahead and have the dealer replace yours when they break!

·
Premium Member
891 Posts

I might be interested. Mine broke back in July but have been too cheap to replace it.

·
Soooper Geeenius
554 Posts

Just had mine replaced but am very interested in some custom made latches.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.