Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Are you interested in Unichip PnP for 4.7L Tundra?

  • Yes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Proposed Group Buy on Unichip for 4.7L Tundra

Please vote in poll if interested!!!

We are ready to begin process of group buy and phase 1 includes a poll to see the interest in the Unichip PnP for 4.7L Tundra. Once interest level justifies the next step of submitting actual approval of group buy, we can start the group buy process. We still have around 5 weeks before the first 2003-2004 harnesses are in, and the 2000-2002 harnesses are about 2 weeks behind that. I will highlight a few benifits and outline costs, and provide a link to a page that I'm keeping up to date with new info.
Benifits:
1- modifications of tweakble fuel maps - in real time
2- modifications of a tweakable ignition map - in real time
3- the fuel and ignition maps divide into: 3a- a neutral-gear map, 3b- a full-throttle map 3c- an intermediate throttle positions map
4- wastegate control, boot pressure control
5- variable valve timing & lift engagement/range control
6- additional nitro, water injection control(separate maps)
6a- additional fuel, injectors control (up to 4 extra injectors)
7- possible removal of the rev-limiter or change of its RPM location
8- possible removal of the speed governor (possibly..still investigating)
9- rescaling of the electronic speed gauge (following a wheels swap)
10- an upgrade of VAF, MAF equipped vehicles to full MAP sensor status
11- turbo launch control (a.k.a. - a variable RPM limiter for the clutch control)
12- removal of alternator load (specific conditions)

Costs:
A normally aspirated pre-programmed PnP kit will retail for $825 and the SC PnP kit for $945. At least 20 orders are required to qualify for a GB and a $100 deposit is required. At the minimum number, the GB discount is 10%. If the GB is for 30, the discount is 15%, and if the GB is for 40, the discount is 20%. There will also be a $100.00 discount for an unmapped PNP unit
that will need to go to local approved tune shop of your choice...the list is still not updated. I will work on that. Cost for custom tune is $150-$200 depending on location. Also another added benifit of group buy is 1 free retune...this is not a custom tune...it is a new mapping from
database of maps from Porland facility that you can get if you do a mod or have an issue.

There are going to be many question...and I will likely not be able to answer or call on all in this thread...its just a poll with outline of information.
Latest from Jack, and dyno results can be viewed at bottom of post.
Were getting closer guys! And it looks good with just the stock Tundra...low end torque is significantly increased. The more mods you have the better the results, Jack says even exhaust and intake mods will show better results! Yes!! :tu: :D

Kevin
 

·
mandzach
Joined
·
1,263 Posts
GOD BLESS this man who calls himself Verndog

:tu: hell ya - i think i got the first vote in and damn its about time...wheres SCDTRD's vote he cant be but a few whiskers behind me :D
is this for real...i mean have proper steps been taken with the moderators?
this is a great day in tundra soulutions - thanks Verndog , i cant say enough about the work you have put in thus far , i salute you. ( i've been waiting since sept. of 03' ! )
 

·
Premium Member
2019 Tundra SR5 CrewMax - Cement Gray
Joined
·
384 Posts
mandzach said:
:tu: i mean have proper steps been taken with the moderators?
Dont worry about the process to get approval, Verndog knows the policy and all should go well. Good luck to all of you :)

For your convienience, here is a copy of the revised GB policy:

Group buys allow members to pool together to purchase a product or service at a price lower than what can normally be obtained.

Tundrasolutions.com has a policy for all group buys conducted on this site.

Only Club Members or TS Supporting Vendors can propose and sponsor a group buy. Any Club Member sponsoring a group buy cannot be the vendor, distributor or cannot be affilliated or associated with the vendor or distributor.

Before any new group buy discussion or poll is started, the sponsoring member, must contact the Group Buy Moderator for approval.

NOTE: The Group Buy Moderator position will rotate monthly among the Super Moderators. The current Group Buy Moderator is nhparrot

The Club Member or TS Supporting Vendor, proposing the group buy, must provide the Group Buy Moderator details on the product, vendor, vendor contact, minimum quantity (at least 10) to conduct the group buy, proposed pricing, shipping costs, and vendor supplied ship time; before approval will be granted.

Once approval is granted for the group buy, a poll will be started, by the Club Member or TS Supporting Vendor, to find out if there is enough interest to hold the group buy.

Group buy polls, will be posted in the Group Buys forum and will run for 10 days.

When the group buy poll has completed the sponsor and the Group Buy Moderator will review the results of the poll to determine if there is enough interest to hold the group buy.

If the group buy poll generates enough interest to hold the group buy, a group buy announcement thread will be created in the Group Buys forum with the ordering details.

If a group buy poll does not generate enough interest to hold the group buy, the group buy will not be held.

Participants in the group buy will be able to submit orders for 1 week. The group buy announcement thread will be closed and titled "COMPLETED" when orders are no longer being accepted as part of the group buy.

The prices, and the details of the group buy will rest with the proposing member and the Group Buy Moderator.

Club Members must be offered preferred pricing over Registered Members OR the group buy will be open to Club Members only.

Any thread created to initiate a group buy that is not approved, for any reason, will be closed and removed by the Group Buy Moderator.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
475 Posts
mandzach said:
:tu: hell ya - i think i got the first vote in and damn its about time...wheres SCDTRD's vote he cant be but a few whiskers behind me :D
is this for real...i mean have proper steps been taken with the moderators?
this is a great day in tundra soulutions - thanks Verndog , i cant say enough about the work you have put in thus far , i salute you. ( i've been waiting since sept. of 03' ! )
Does the Pope wear a pointy hat?

SCDTRD

HELL YEA!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
263 Posts
I'm in, but I have a question. I would want the PnP harness (2004) tuned for SC and headers. However, it may be a while before I have SC + headers. If I were to get the unmapped version, I assume that since I would be paying for a custom tune there would be no time limit on when that would have to be completed. If you look at my member name, it should be obvious what I am getting at.

Also, if I were to decide later that I wanted one of the standard database maps, could I pay the $100 difference instead or $150-200 for custom tune?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RoundTuit said:
I'm in, but I have a question. I would want the PnP harness (2004) tuned for SC and headers. However, it may be a while before I have SC + headers. If I were to get the unmapped version, I assume that since I would be paying for a custom tune there would be no time limit on when that would have to be completed. If you look at my member name, it should be obvious what I am getting at.

Also, if I were to decide later that I wanted one of the standard database maps, could I pay the $100 difference instead or $150-200 for custom tune?
IMO the best route for you would be get the mapped unit, run it then after you add headers and SC you could send in for your free retune, you likely would have to pay the price difference for the SC unit as it has to be configured different.

The SC kit has quite a bit more hardware (connectors for the injector and the pop-off valve, and a MAP sensor to provide a load based input to the Unichip so the ignition/fuel maps are based on boost rather than TPS) and a lot more wiring.

I will have to check for sure on the cost to add SC...and if you are getting sooner rather then later...then your route would be best.

Kevin
 

·
Locked in for life
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
I'm in. I will do the retune later if i go turbo or s/c.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
263 Posts
Verndog said:
The SC kit has quite a bit more hardware (connectors for the injector and the pop-off valve, and a MAP sensor to provide a load based input to the Unichip so the ignition/fuel maps are based on boost rather than TPS) and a lot more wiring.
I think I will go for the SC unit straight away. That will give me more incentive to get the SC and header installed sooner.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
216 Posts
Verndog said:
Please vote in poll if interested!!!
Oh yeah, count me in for the unprogrammed chip, and hopefully the harness /w the sc if the price is right, if not the base harness would do. Where are these made at?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
785 Posts
I put my YES vote in!
RoundTuit said:
I think I will go for the SC unit straight away. That will give me more incentive to get the SC and header installed sooner.
You better check this THREAD before you make your decision. All 4.7L TRD S/C sales have been suspended.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
729 Posts
Count me in.......for the pnp s/c'd 2000-2002 unit.:tu:
 

·
What is six times seven?
Joined
·
147 Posts
I'm in

I'm in ... this looks like it will be a good mod. I'm wavering between an unmapped version and pre-mapped. Any opinions if Todd's mods (poetic) referenced in the main Unichip thread would provide a "close enough" map for me?

My mods:
RAPS airbox mod
K&N drop-in
S & S long tube headers
Spintech Sportsman XL muffler
ASP underdrive pulley

Brian
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bmlecuy said:
I'm in ... this looks like it will be a good mod. I'm wavering between an unmapped version and pre-mapped. Any opinions if Todd's mods (poetic) referenced in the main Unichip thread would provide a "close enough" map for me?

My mods:
RAPS airbox mod
K&N drop-in
S & S long tube headers
Spintech Sportsman XL muffler
ASP underdrive pulley

Brian
We should have mapping for your mods before they are ready to ship. We are going to get maps for stock, added catback, added intake or TRD drop in, added headers, added SC.

Kevin
 

·
mandzach
Joined
·
1,263 Posts
keeping this thread fluffy fresh - lets not forget to vote guys . :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good to see it's still moving up! If we can hold 30 or better thru the group buy it will save everyone an additional 5%. That would be a nice additional savings. I will submit Sunday for the actual group buy, and hope to start the group buy on Monday, and there will be a Pay Pal link for the $100.00 deposit required to place your order.

Look for details by later Monday afternoon...they will be in a new Group Buy thread if all goes as planned and we have approval.

Kevin
 

·
Premium Member
2019 Tundra SR5 CrewMax - Cement Gray
Joined
·
384 Posts
Verndog said:
I will submit Sunday for the actual group buy, and hope to start the group buy on Monday, Look for details by later Monday afternoon...they will be in a new Group Buy thread if all goes as planned and we have approval.

Kevin
Kevin,

Glenn has had some computer problems and may be harder to get the approval from, he is the primary GB moderator as I am the alternate. If you cant get one in a reasonable amount of time PM me and I'll get you the approval you need.

LonS
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
fyr145 said:
Kevin,

Glenn has had some computer problems and may be harder to get the approval from, he is the primary GB moderator as I am the alternate. If you cant get one in a reasonable amount of time PM me and I'll get you the approval you need.

LonS
Thank you Lon. I will submit today....and if I still haven't heard back tomarrow I will forward to you.

Kevin
 

·
Premium Member
2019 Tundra SR5 CrewMax - Cement Gray
Joined
·
384 Posts
Verndog said:
......if all goes as planned and we have approval.

Kevin
Kevin has received approval to start the poll for a group buy by me. a PM has been sent.

LonS
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top