Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post quickly about the great experience I have had ordering from Offroad Warehouse in San Diego, CA. They have been uncommonly helpful during the sales process, and even when I have had questions after the sale, they have gone out of their way to answer questions about the stuff (I called today to get feedback on some "speed wobbles" I am now getting after installing new 285's using stock wheels and 1.5" wheel spacers. Jay at ORW spent a lot of time with me trying to walk through the various possibilities and helped convince me that the problem is likely still wheel/tire balance and not related to the spacer (despite what my tire shop is telling me!).

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know how great the service is and not to hesitate to order from them, even if their prices are a bit higher (or you have to pay tax 'cause you are in Cali). The service I have received has been well worth the cost of tax on the orders I have placed with them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
:tu: Thats nice to hear, I wish I could say the same for 4WP.

I just got off the phone with Shiloh at the San Marcos ORW location and he was very helpful with labor and parts quotes for my coilover replacement and install.

Good luck, what mods are you making to your 05' DC?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought my Bilstein 5100's, wheel spacers, and Deaver AALs from them along with the TC diff drop and steering bushing kit.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your shop is wrong. Get a good alignment and wheel balance. If those dont fix it you have other problems.:tu:
Yea, when I talked to Jay over at ORW he said that with oversized tires one really needs a "Roadforce" wheel balancer which apparently applies real world type forces to the wheel/tire combo while it is being balanced.

Frankly, I've been really disappointed in the quality of work at Tire Pros (one of my larger local tire shops). They forgot some valve stem caps, put all the wheel weights on the outside of the wheels (those *#$^* clamp on ones) and tried to tell me that the u-bolts on my AAL kit were too short because they insisted thet the AALs went on TOP of the overload spring!

Looks like I will be looking for another shop and paying full retail to have my wheels & tires balanced and my alignment done properly. Too bad.

I've always used Costco and been really happy with their quality of work, but in the last few years they have taken a stance where they refuse to work on over-sized wheel/tire combos. :cry:

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've always used Costco and been really happy with their quality of work, but in the last few years they have taken a stance where they refuse to work on over-sized wheel/tire combos. :cry:
When I went there with my Acura MDX, trying to purchase one tire for a pinched sidewall, they tried to sell me on four tires stating some BS that because it was all wheel drive that they could not be responsible for damage caused by one new tire vs the three worn ones. With technology today, I found it hard to believe that my car could tell the diff., and if so not compensate. I went to the stealership and they sold, mounted, and balanced one tire.

BTW, I haven't seen mud like that at Ocotillo in a long time! :p

·
Registered
803 Posts
check out waynes tire. i dela with them on a daily basis and have always taken care of evrything.

Yea, when I talked to Jay over at ORW he said that with oversized tires one really needs a "Roadforce" wheel balancer which apparently applies real world type forces to the wheel/tire combo while it is being balanced.

Frankly, I've been really disappointed in the quality of work at Tire Pros (one of my larger local tire shops). They forgot some valve stem caps, put all the wheel weights on the outside of the wheels (those *#$^* clamp on ones) and tried to tell me that the u-bolts on my AAL kit were too short because they insisted thet the AALs went on TOP of the overload spring!

Looks like I will be looking for another shop and paying full retail to have my wheels & tires balanced and my alignment done properly. Too bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts