Toyota Tundra Forums banner

Proud of the Tundra

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  KP Texan 
#1 ·
Was in the middle lane of I95 headed north the other day when I went to change lanes and pass someone on the left. Right when a late model Bimmer passed me I put on the signal and started to get over when she saw a cop and stomped her brakes, scrubbing like 20 mph instantly. I came within a foot of smacking her rear bumper at 60 mph. I braked, jerked the truck back into the middle lane. No drama, no wagging of the tail, no swerving or skidding. Not even any floatiness and see-sawing back and fourth from the sudden side to side motion. Just a light chirp of the tires and she righted herself back in the middle lane like it was nothing. Made me feel good to know she stops and handles so well in those situations for the gargantuan 5600 pound beast that she is.

#2 ·
Sweet. Thanks for sharing.These trucks are awsome!

#3 ·
Yes I have to agree. I do all city driving and people constantly do stupid things that make me have to nail the brakes. Sure does stop well for such a heavy truck!

#4 ·
Yeah I've only had mine for 2 weeks today and I'm continually impressed by its braking and road manners. I traded my '06 Accord in on the Tundra and I would swear that the Tundra can stop better than that car. Those 13.9" rotors are pretty stout!

-Wes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.