Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, just got off the phone with the supervisor Bob Hosier at Toyota financial Services and the Platinum Vehicle Service Agreement will cover parts such as the Trd Supercharger if and only if the supercharger is installed previous to the purchase of the agreement.

For example:
Gary (Beboff) purchased and installed TRD supercharger at 3380 miles and bought his extended warranty at 30223 miles (you can only buy this during the first 3 years or 36k miles to get the new car extended warranty), so everything installed previous to 30223 miles will be covered under the plan including the trd supercharger :).

The only way installed parts are not covered are if they were installed after the purchase of the extended warranty. My issue was that Luke thought the supercharger was installed at 33800 miles vs 3380 thus creating my issues.

Moral of the story:

I HAVE A 100K MILE WARRANTY THAT COVERS MY TRD SUPERCHARGER...WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

Thanks to everyone who helped and called :). I also have nothing but praise for Bob Hosier at TFS, he was able to quickly fix a problem and turn me into a lifetime customer *(again)...

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
You could have just put this post in your other thread.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i put it in a new thread and am trying to lock the other one. Besides, unless you are in some way effected by this sites available bandwidth, what does it matter LMAO!

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Hey, not to put a monkey-wrench in your claim, but I was told in an email that my purchase of a supercharger would be covered by my already-purchased extended warranty provided it was installed at a Toyota dealership and that the S/C was all TRD. I don't think when you buy the S/C matters much at all unless you are already out of warranty (standard or extended). The reason I had asked was to know if I added the S/C whether that would impact the price of the extended warranty and I was told that it wouldn't.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, not to put a monkey-wrench in your claim, but I was told in an email that my purchase of a supercharger would be covered by my already-purchased extended warranty provided it was installed at a Toyota dealership and that the S/C was all TRD. I don't think when you buy the S/C matters much at all unless you are already out of warranty (standard or extended). The reason I had asked was to know if I added the S/C whether that would impact the price of the extended warranty and I was told that it wouldn't.

Speak with Bob Hosier is a supervisor over the warranty and he directly told me differently. You are in great shape though, because you have it in writing and that holds up in most cases. :)

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
I'd expect we could talk with 10 different people at Toyota and get 10 different answers. As long as somebody has it in writing that it's covered, then past-practice generally dictates that the rest will be covered.

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I'd expect we could talk with 10 different people at Toyota and get 10 different answers. As long as somebody has it in writing that it's covered, then past-practice generally dictates that the rest will be covered.
Well, I know this topic has been beaten-to-death already and I understand the original intent of the OP for this; to save us money/frustration/etc. I just don't really see this as being an issue yet (for example like the AIP) unless people are a) experience failures/issues with their S/Cs and b) that those failures aren't being covered by their extended warranty (if they have them).
Of course now that I post this, they'll be coming out of the woods with claims!! I just hope it doesn't get to that and we can enjoy our trucks (and hopefully one day I'll get the S/C myself!) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts