Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have verified this through TFS via Luke and Ron (Luke was a bit of an Ass, who was more concerned with being a butt than assisting a customer). Feel free to contact them at 800 228 8559 as I also verified this through Terri at TRD USA 800 688 5912.

This really sucks as this was the number 2 reason I bought the truck from Gary (Beboff). If I were him or any of you that purchased this warranty from Midwest Toyota and absolutely got ripped off, I would demand my money back.

This Jerry (http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/186773-supercharged-warranty/) or whoever it is selling and advertising on this forum is completely misrepresenting the warranty.

The way it appears is that TRD will cover the original powertrain warranty up to 60k miles but after that no matter your extended warranty it isn't covered due to it being a non oem product.

I raised hell over the $50 transfer fee, I could only imagine what I would have done if I had paid upwards of $1000 or more.

Craig

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The only way TRD supercharger is covered and I quote is:
"if the vehicle in question comes from toyota with TRD supercharger and/or parts installed at delivery of the new vehicle"

There is absolutely no gray area and you have no recourse after 60k miles of powertrain, granted it was installed at a Toyota dealership...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That means that if you bought the vehicle, didn't even test drive it and had it installed with 0 miles at your local dealership, then it is not covered...btw...

Rant over, I am just highly pissed if you can't tell, lmao!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
I have verified this through TFS via Luke and Ron (Luke was a bit of an Ass, who was more concerned with being a butt than assisting a customer). Feel free to contact them at 800 228 8559 as I also verified this through Terri at TRD USA 800 688 5912.

This really sucks as this was the number 2 reason I bought the truck from Gary (Beboff). If I were him or any of you that purchased this warranty from Midwest Toyota and absolutely got ripped off, I would demand my money back.

This Jerry (http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/tundra/186773-supercharged-warranty/) or whoever it is selling and advertising on this forum is completely misrepresenting the warranty.

The way it appears is that TRD will cover the original powertrain warranty up to 60k miles but after that no matter your extended warranty it isn't covered due to it being a non oem product.

I raised hell over the $50 transfer fee, I could only imagine what I would have done if I had paid upwards of $1000 or more.

Craig
um...ok, so TRD doesnt cover the supercharger after that period but Toyota Platinum coverage clearly states it does...

ENGINE
All internally lubricated components
and: Balance Shaft; Camshaft;
Crankshaft; Crankshaft Pulley; Cylinder
Heads; Engine Block; Engine Mounts;
Engine Oil Reservoir; Engine Oil
Reservoir Pump; Equipment Drive Shaft;
Exhaust Manifolds; Flexplate; Flywheel;
Idler Pulley; Intake Manifold; Oil Pan; Oil
Pressure Switch; Oil Pump; Oil Sending
Unit; Piston; Rotary Engine Components
(including Apex Seal, Bearings,
Eccentric Shaft, and Rotor); Seals and
Gaskets; Supercharger; Supercharger
Intercooler; Tensioners; Timing Belt;
Timing Chain; Timing Cover; Timing
Gears; Turbo Intercooler; Turbo
Wastegate; Turbocharger; Valve Covers;
Water Pump; Air Control Valve (ACV);
Air Pump; Belt Tensioner; Crankcase
Ventilation Valve; Exhaust Gas
Recirculation Valve; Exhaust Manifold
Heat Insulator; Exhaust Pipe Gasket;
Intake Air Control Valve (IACV); Mixture
Control Valve; Oil Cooler; Oil Filter
Bracket Subassembly; Pair Valve (Reed
Valve); Supercharger Bypass Valve;
Supercharger Relay: Thermal Vacuum
Valve; Thermostatic Valve; Three-Way
Catalyst Converter; Timing Belt Idler;
Vacuum Switch; Vacuum Switching
Valve; Vacuum Transmitting Valve

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
ah. i posted before u said that....hmmm...disregard my quote then

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
That means that if you bought the vehicle, didn't even test drive it and had it installed with 0 miles at your local dealership, then it is not covered...btw...

Rant over, I am just highly pissed if you can't tell, lmao!
uh no....it says if its installed at delivery as well.....that doesnt mean factory equipped...just means installed at time of delivery - the point the vehicles in service date starts...delivery isnt when it comes off the truck as deliverd...delivery is the time when the customer takes the vehicle...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
TRD platinum warranty doesn't cover it unless it is a manufactured installed item...Trust me I have been into it with them all day. Call the above mentioned numbers to verify and ask for people listed...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Luke and Ron were actually on a 3way call with me and TRD and if it wasn't a factory option, it isn't covered period. Seriously, this is a bum deal.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
kidna funny since the superchargers are installed at the dealer...they arent factory installed on any tundra.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
and it doesnt really bother me, i dont have one, but just reading your quote where u even say it is either factory equipped or installed [meaning dealer installed obviously] at the time of purchase [aka delivery]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
uh no....it says if its installed at delivery as well.....that doesnt mean factory equipped...just means installed at time of delivery - the point the vehicles in service date starts...delivery isnt when it comes off the truck as deliverd...delivery is the time when the customer takes the vehicle...

I understand what you are trying to say and even though you are correct about the delivery and in service date, you are wrong about the warranty.

I realize your profession and the knowledge you believe you have, but I have verified both my claims through the providers not dealerships. Look, I am in sales and can talk a smooth game and sell nearly anything, but I have facts and names to back up my claim per warranty pamphlet:

PLATINUM VEHICLE SERVICE AGREEMENTS-COVERED COMPONENTS

ALL MANUFATURER-ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT PARTS INSTALLED BY THE MANUFACTURR OR YOUR SELLING DELARE ARE COVERED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT FOR MECHANICAL FAILURE, UNLESS OTHERWISE EXCLUDED...

*now the key words are MANUFATURER-ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT PARTS* per TRD and TFS platinum vehicle service agreement provider...TRD SUPERCHARGERS ARE NOT AND LET ME EMPHASIZE ARE NOT "MANUFATURER-ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT PARTS" Unfortunately, the supercharger/exhausts and any other TRD parts including suspension components are aftermarket parts and thus not covered by said warranty

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So your supercharger needs replaced and you're over 60k?

No, I was actually calling to follow up on the transfer process and inquiring over when I would recieve my updated warranty documents in my name. The truck is running flawlessly :).

Also, this isn't my 1st trd supercharged vehicle. I owned a 2004 supercharged 4runner with 4.7l a while back. Bought it new and installed trd supercharger with 300 miles :). I love TRD and always have. Never had a problem out of either vehicle

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Maybe Luke & Ron are just idiots and incorrect...

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
He is correct, in the past some Toyota vehicles came with factory installed superchargers including the Previa. The TFS VSA hasn't been updated in years. I had over 100k on my TRD Supercharger (Camry and Solara) with no issues, so I wouldn't be overly concerned. The supercharger doesn't void the extended warranty nor is it covered, i.e. the supercharger is not covered with the extended VSA nor does the TRD supercharger void the extended warranty.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sorry to hear that you were deceived. When I bought my supercharger in June 2008 I was already aware of this.

At this point I would probably worry more about where you are taking your truck to get it serviced and less about the warranty.

I hope you never have any issues until after 100k... at least its justifiable then!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Why is it that the Handy Toyota warrantee thread in the FAQ’s it states: “Are Superchargers covered? YES. As long as they are dealer installed they will be covered. No additional cost”.

What is this a sales pitch? :mad:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts