Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I want to pull the air suspension (height control) from my 06 Sequoia and give it a bit of a lift to rear and front in the process. I have read alot on this forum (and others) and have an idea that I need 2.5 up front and 1.5 in rear. I am very mechanically inclined and capable of installation but have no idea what is involved outside of removing the old and adding the new. If yall can help me find the best bang for my buck and what other adjustments need to be made (if any) I would be very grateful. One question I have is will I need to worry about my cv boots or control arms with a 2.5 lift? Will I have to offset the wheels? Do I need an alignment afterward? Should I use spacers and new struts or should I get new longer rear springs. I have springs and diffusers from the salvage yard already. More for the diffuser than the spring but really dont know if the longer spring benefits me. This is not a show off type vehicle by any means. More of a get me off this muddy boat ramp kinda ride. What are the recommended shocks and struts. Very green about all this so any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited
36 Posts
Cheapest route. Keep the rear air and adjust the sensor to move it up to level with what you put in the front. Replace the rear shocks with some ranchon9000xls so you can adjust according to your ride preferences with the air suspension. Go with som bilstein 5100 ride height struts for the best bang. You will need an alignment. Depending on the condition of your cv boots they may or may not tear. Get a diff drop kit to help a little. You don't need to change your wheels unless you go bigger on the tires and even the you can run spacers to clear the ucas.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheapest route. Keep the rear air and adjust the sensor to move it up to level with what you put in the front. Replace the rear shocks with some ranchon9000xls so you can adjust according to your ride preferences with the air suspension. Go with som bilstein 5100 ride height struts for the best bang. You will need an alignment. Depending on the condition of your cv boots they may or may not tear. Get a diff drop kit to help a little. You don't need to change your wheels unless you go bigger on the tires and even the you can run spacers to clear the ucas.
Right on man. I must have failed to mention the air pump is leaking. It alone is over 900 bucks on Rockauto.com I'm absolutely getting rid of it. I pulled some stock rear springs and diffusers along with a transfer case position switch for 35 bucks today so I'm good there. I have a little money set aside for this but dont want to go overkill and do work or buy parts that aren't necessary for what I want out of it. I have been looking at the 5100's already too so I'm glad you mentioned them. I appreciate your feedback man.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Home has everything you need. The cheaper you go the more you sacrifice in ride quality. One thing not mentioned yet in the thread are LBJ's. I would recommend replacing them after lifting as they have a tendency to wear and fail after lots of use and the added ride height/stress.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Home has everything you need. The cheaper you go the more you sacrifice in ride quality. One thing not mentioned yet in the thread are LBJ's. I would recommend replacing them after lifting as they have a tendency to wear and fail after lots of use and the added ride height/stress.
Thanks man I'll check them out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts