Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just looked At a 2001 28ft camper. the owner is looking for the title to see how much this camper weight. have anyone pulled a camper of this size or should i be looking at getting a bigger vehicle. :ts:

The vehicle i currently drive is a 2004 4runner v8 with the factory tow package.

·
"Rosco" Thread Derailer
5,778 Posts
We'll be able to answer this question after you find out what the GVWR of the camper is along with the tongue weight.
BTW, is it a single or dual axle?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as soon as the owner gives me the info ill pass it along. :ts: 4 the help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
28ft is too much for the Runner, not because of weight but due to length. Wheelbase is an extremely important part of determining what size trailer is appropriate for a given vehicle. I personally tow a 27ft travel trailer with my 05' Sequoia and I wouldn't go any larger (It should be noted that I also have a weight distributing and equalizing hitch). You need to put your own families safety first, go check out RV.com and go to towing. You can find tremendous resources on how to determine proper weight and length formulas for given vehicle sizes and capacities. I did my homework and found an appropriate combination for my family and my vehicle.

Best of Luck!!

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts