Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a 2005 Limited with high mileage @ 230k. I'm about 4 hours away and owner provided walk around video. Body looks in good shape along with the interior (video looks sharper on a phone). Anyway I just want your guys' take on the idle, it sounds healthy to me, just typical loud injectors. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Sequoia Limited
35 Posts
Crusty and rusty from the Salt belt? Rust on the driver rear fender he skipped over. Would ask for lots of pics of the frame

·
Registered
53 Posts
The rust spot behind the rear doors is a common place for these trucks. The pinch weld inside the fender is a moisture and gravel trap and it rots through the fender there. My truck was from Indiana, and the only frame rust was around the spare tire area, and It was minimal surface rust. I've gotten under mine again recently, and it's still pretty clean, so If you keep it out of salt, it might be a good frame.Then again, it's a 15 year old truck, and pretty much every full size SUV that age has rust issues.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Looks like an Alberta plate but cant say for sure. If thats the case I believe they might use salt on the roads but not like here in the rust belt. Its too cold out there for salt to be effective.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts