Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had to buy a purolator oil filter for the 5.7 as I was in a pinch. I'm not sure whether I cared for the filter as it used a fiber like material for the end seals, but what I did like was the drain tool they provide. It screws in and provides a much cleaner drain of the filter housing. I always found the "press in" Toyota drains to be a bit of a pain to insert and always wound up with oil draining down my arm. I liked the purolator drain so much I saved it. I should mention that the purolator filter did not supply a drain plug gasket but does come with the two O-rings.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I recently had to buy a purolator oil filter for the 5.7 as I was in a pinch. I'm not sure whether I cared for the filter as it used a fiber like material for the end seals, but what I did like was the drain tool they provide. It screws in and provides a much cleaner drain of the filter housing. I always found the "press in" Toyota drains to be a bit of a pain to insert and always wound up with oil draining down my arm. I liked the purolator drain so much I saved it. I should mention that the purolator filter did not supply a drain plug gasket but does come with the two O-rings.
I also liked the Purolator filter for the drain tool as well. Too bad I cross-threaded mine.
:(
What filters did you buy that included the oil drain gasket (The toyota part does not).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts