Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered the new grille from Sparks and had it in 2 days. It took me literally 45 minutes to swap it out in my garage, thanks to the DIY thread. I was never completely happy with the original grille and had changed it a couple of times with boltovers. This grille, IMO, has a much smoother look and isn't as bulky.

Now as far as the hood latch/lever being more difficult to get to, it is it little more difficult to reach but not bad. What I did was put the lever below where it attaches on the grille, used a bolt with a nut, so the latch/lever is now further down. That gave me another half inch or so. I put a little blue loctite on it and called it a day.

Attachments

·
The M.F.I.C.
3,762 Posts
Hmmmm..... I actually liked you truck the way it was! The problem with the 2010 grilles, is that there's no insert yet to cover that upper slot in the grill. It looks fine in the standard grills, where there's black in the main part, but not so much with the platinum grills where it's silver. And, I don't think it comes out so you can paint it either. But, of course that's just my opinion, and we all know what those are like :devil:

As long as u like it!

·
Registered
822 Posts
Love that 2010 grille!

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
i like it. would i do it? nope. im not gonna spend that much money to buy a grill and all the brackets n stuff. i'd rather have my 75 dollar ebay bolt billet. :) but your truck does look nice.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Really nice looking grill, i would like to do something like that. If i could ever decide which look i like best, right now im torn between going with some classy chrome rims,or going with the black rugged look. If i go chrome i will go the rout you took cause the grill/grills on your truck look so nice!!!!!!:tu:

·
Registered
50 Posts
That grill looks real nice. How about the bottom three pieces. Are you going to get those dipped in chrome so they match the grill.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That grill looks real nice. How about the bottom three pieces. Are you going to get those dipped in chrome so they match the grill.
I haven't decided whether to leave them or take them out. They have a polished finish so they are pretty close to matching when looking at it from the front.

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
50 Posts
It's a little pricey but looks worth it. I really liked it the first time I saw it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts