Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I recently acquired a brembo 6 piston gran turismo big brake kit off of a 2008 tundra. I have a 2004 double cab tundra i am going to try to put this kit on. The obvious hurdle is the different bolt pattern. Brembo makes a bbk for the fj which has the same rotor offset and bolt pattern as my 2004 tundra. However i am unsure if the rotor hats for an fj cruiser have the same rotor bolt circle as the hats i currently have off of a 2008 tundra. If they do, i also cant seam to find anywhere online to buy them separate from a whole kit. I know wilwood makes an aluminum 6 x 5.5 truck rotor hat, but im not sure if the the rotor bolt circle is compatible with my brembos. If anyone has any ideas im eager to hear.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can you redrill the hats? That would be the easiest and cheapest way if there's enough meat and minimal overlap.

Guarantee you can get a hold of the Brembo hats for the FJ/4Runner/Tacoma spindle kits. Just need to find a vendor that will order them for you. Might take awhile, though. I'm not sure where Brembo makes most of their stuff these days, but it certainly isn't warehoused in the US.

If you're considering Wilwood, look at their rotors, too. I had a Dynalite kit on my Integra and the hat would bolt up to rotors as big as 16" in 5-6 different thicknesses. If you're able find a Wilwood rotor in the right diameter and swept area, then you could ditch the worthless cross drilled Brembo rotors and use plain rotors with the Wilwood hats. You lose the McLaren springs going from Brembo to Wilwood, but as long as you have an inch pound torque wrench, red Loctite and know how to safety wire, they're just as good for street driving. Using Wilwood parts would make it FAR easier to get replacement parts to service the rotors. They have detailed technical drawings/specs of all their parts on their website, and their customer service is way better than Brembo. Stoptech is another American-based brake company that might be able to set you up with some rotors, too.

Depending on the swept area/pad size of the Brembo caliper, an even easier solution would be to find a shop to make some new brackets for the calipers. As long as they're not radial mount, it would be very simple to fab them up out of steel. Then you could use the calipers with GX470/4Runner Limited rotors. These were ~13.3" as I recall. A good upgrade for all 1st gen Tundras/Tacomas and 3rd Gen 4Runners with 12.5" rotors, and even better with the Brembo calipers if they'd work. This might allow you to use 17" wheels, since I'm sure the 2nd Gen Tundra kit requires 18"+ wheels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am looking for Brembo Big Brake GT caliper brackets myself for a 2010 Toyota Tundra...these seem to be the brackets you currently have and are looking to replace. Can I offer to purchase those brackets from you? I can be reached at 347-346-3558...call or text or e-mail [email protected] Thankyou

1 - 3 of 3 Posts