Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any pics of the new Tundra in Pyrite Mica? It's very hard to tell what it looks like from the Toyota-supplied pics on the web. Figure a personal photo from someone might show the color a little better.

thanks

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
It certainly is a mystery color, isn't it? Kind of like this purple one. I'm still waiting to see one of these.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Pyrite Mica is a shade of green, but I agree it's a little difficult for me to decide whether I like it or not. Thus far, I'm thinking I like white. The darker colors are nice, but you'll have to wash them every week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I dug up some photos I took when they first came out. These look like they are pyrite mica but at the time I didn't look at the sticker to be sure. To me they could be either the pyrite or the desert sand. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Let's play Guess the Factory Color!

That's Pyrite Mica. Slate Metallic has a bluish tint to it and Desert Sand is much lighter than that. Brown isn't a factory color at this time as far as I know. The only question in my mind is whether or not there is actually any green or yellow tint to this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I dug up some photos I took when they first came out. These look like they are pyrite mica but at the time I didn't look at the sticker to be sure. To me they could be either the pyrite or the desert sand. What do you guys think?
Yes, that's pyrite in your pictures. I drove one last night. It's a deeper brown color than the desert sand.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree that it is Pyrite Mica. I just ordered a loaded DC Limited (6-8 week wait...don't know if I can stand it) but I have to keep going by the dealer to look at the color. It changes a lot depending on the lighting conditions. Looks green to me...most of the time.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
I have a pyrite mica DC. I like it. It's kind of a metallic goldish gray. It looks a lot better than it did when I used Toyota's site to configure a Tundra. That color looked pretty green on my monitor. I certainly would see a color in person before ordering it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I am in Oklahoma and have seen both colors on the ground. The pictures attached above are Pyrite Mica. It is basically brown like the Ford Brown on their Super Crew. I am expecting my Desert Sand next week. It is basically Gold. I wanted something that didn't show dirt since I will not be keeping it clean. I can't stay out of the woods or off of a construction site long enough to bother washing it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts