Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pyrite Mica Tundra with Black Ballistic Jesters & flares

After a lot of searching I finally decided on a set of wheels, I got the Ballistic Jesters in black with a 12mm offset. I have a set of bushwacker pocket style fender flares on the way, should be here next week. I plan on leaving them black, will put them on and see if I like them or want them painted. Anyway here's a few pics for anyone wanting to see or trying to decide if they want black wheels on their Pyrite Mica Tundra, I know I saw a few pics and it helped me make up my mind.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Black wheels look incredible on these trucks.:tu:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My flares showed up on Thursday and I put them on yesterday, I took a few pics this morning before I painted my calipers this afternoon, I might get some pics of that tomorrow. But for now, here are the flares.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey man, truck looks awesome! I was wondering where you bought your wheels without the red in the inner part? I have looked evrywhere and had finally given up on it even being possible.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey man, truck looks awesome! I was wondering where you bought your wheels without the red in the inner part? I have looked evrywhere and had finally given up on it even being possible.
The red insert comes in the bag of hardware, it sticks on with 3M double sided tape, I chose to leave it off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK, thanks man!
You just sold me on the wheels!
Also, how do the fender flares fit? I was going to order some but many people say they have gap problems. I always thought they'd look good painted but they look kick @ss even not painted.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, thanks man!
You just sold me on the wheels!
Also, how do the fender flares fit? I was going to order some but many people say they have gap problems. I always thought they'd look good painted but they look kick @ss even not painted.
When I put them on I was a little worried, the instructions stated some trimming may be required to get the best fit. I put them on and they fit perfect, I will see if I can get some pics for ya today.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm impressed. Thanks for the pics and the info. Truck looks awesome.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Looks great!!!!! Just a note on the fender flares; they are not body cliped to the body panels like the gen 1 fender flares so they "flex" and "shift" with the truck causing some clear coat "rash" due to this slight rubbing. This is somewhat aggitated by sand and other debris occasionally. I took mine off due to this because over time it is obvious that it will effect the the clear coat. How much? Not sure but as long as you know this and are good with this fact then they look great on your truck. I don't think most people would notice this and many probably wouldn't even care but I guess I'm pickey.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts