42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it have a metallic type finish?

Thanks
Mark,

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah its mettalic looking...Check out my bulldog inspecting his new ride...

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Saw my first Pyrite Mica tundras today. Had to drive 45 min. to a Columbus OH dealership to see them. Really gorgeous color! I think my minds (probably) made up. I haven't seen a slate metallic yet, so I guess its possible I could change my mind yet. Also got a chance to check out the Black SR5 cloth interior. I think that's the one.

·
Super Genius
920 Posts
Have a Pyrite Mica 07 DC Limited. Very pleased with the color. Not too light or too dark, just right to hide dirt between washes and it looks sharp. Definitely a metallic finish to it when you look up close or at the right angle. Only trouble I have is trying to describe the color to someone. It is not a brown, gold, tan, or any other common color so the closest I can get is a "dark clay brown" or something like that for people to understand me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Saw my first Pyrite Mica tundras today. Had to drive 45 min. to a Columbus OH dealership to see them. Really gorgeous color! I think my minds (probably) made up. I haven't seen a slate metallic yet, so I guess its possible I could change my mind yet. Also got a chance to check out the Black SR5 cloth interior. I think that's the one.
Thats the combo im looking for::double cab 4x4 longbed pyrite w/ black sr5 cloth,,,,the search continues,,should have ordered it 3 weeks ago.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have a Pyrite Mica 07 DC Limited. Very pleased with the color. Not too light or too dark, just right to hide dirt between washes and it looks sharp. Definitely a metallic finish to it when you look up close or at the right angle. Only trouble I have is trying to describe the color to someone. It is not a brown, gold, tan, or any other common color so the closest I can get is a "dark clay brown" or something like that for people to understand me.
Wilee which interior color did you end up with?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I'm trying to order Pyrite/Red Rock Leather which, my dealership says, is a rare combo. It's kind of funny considering that one of the stock pics of the inteior is that comination of colors:

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Columbus dealership that I went to had one Pyrite Mica DC 4X2 and it was a limited with the Sand Beige Leather. They also had a CM in Pyrite SR5, IIRC it was the Sand Beige SR5 fabric. I think the Sand Beige SR5 fabric seems kind of light for the Pyrite, not enough contrast. The Graphite Fabric SR5 cloth would work OK I guess, but just doesn't do anything for me when combined with the Pyrite. So the SR5 fabric choice is pretty easy, not sure what I'd do if I was looking at going with a Limited.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,

You have to get past the reflections in the paint, but this is my Pyrite Mica. I am very pleased with the color and the charcoal & tan interior color matches, just great.

FredSG

·
Registered
188 Posts
My SR5 in the sunlight. It is a metallic finish. The most common interior colors are tan and gray from what I've seen - black is very rare.

·
Registered
44 Posts
They're one and the same. I personally own a pyrite mica tundra.. see photo below:

Sanosuke!
When i go on the websites the canadian pyrite seems darker and more grayish and the american one seems alot lighter. i really do love the color. if anyone has pics of the pyrite from canada id really love to see so plz post away:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
i just purchased a pyrite crewmax last saturday( here in canada). i will try o get some pics of it.... also, the most common combo on pyrite is black here in canada... hard to get other combos..

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
When i go on the websites the canadian pyrite seems darker and more grayish and the american one seems alot lighter. i really do love the color. if anyone has pics of the pyrite from canada id really love to see so plz post away:)
Psst... I'm _IN_ and FROM Canada in case you did not notice. ;)

Sanosuke!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts