Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi TS members,

I found a ton of info on there but no answers pertaining to my applications. Please if you could help a guy out I would appreciate it. So here are a couple questions that came to mind. First some info... I just bought a 2" Daystar Spacer for the front and a 1.25" for my trucks rear. Here are the questions...

1) Would I need to install a diff drop for this lift?
2) Do I need to do something with the rear E brake line?
3) How did you go about compressing the coil spring?
4) How will this lift influence a hellwig anti-swaybar?

I hardly do any off roading but would like to do so when the oppertunity arrises. Any other pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you inadvance...

·
Super Moderator
2015 Toyota Tundra DC SR5 5.7L
8,562 Posts
Hi TS members,

I found a ton of info on there but no answers pertaining to my applications. Please if you could help a guy out I would appreciate it. So here are a couple questions that came to mind. First some info... I just bought a 2" Daystar Spacer for the front and a 1.25" for my trucks rear. Here are the questions... [You're not going to want to do any offroading with a spacer lift. You're going to tear up your upper ball joint(s). If you're doing anything other than mild gravel roads, dump the spacers and install the Bilstein 5100s instead. Do it right the first time.]

1) Would I need to install a diff drop for this lift? [If 4WD, yes it is recommended.]
2) Do I need to do something with the rear E brake line? [No. You might need to adjust the mounting point of the LSB&PV with a small, inexpensive bracket though. Adjustments to this component must be done by the dealer with a SST.]
3) How did you go about compressing the coil spring? [With a spring compressor; search around for threads on the pros/cons of doing it yourself. A higher lift (preload) requires more cranking down on it -- and more danger as the stresses are enormous...]
4) How will this lift influence a hellwig anti-swaybar? [It won't. A rear sway bar will restrict extreme articulation though, so if that is important to you for offroading, then the rear sway bar might not be for you.]

I hardly do any off roading but would like to do so when the oppertunity arrises. Any other pointers will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you inadvance...
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you that was already pretty helpful.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[You're not going to want to do any offroading with a spacer lift. You're going to tear up your upper ball joint. If you're doing anything other than mild gravel roads, dump the spacers and install the Bilstein 5100s instead. Do it right the first time.]

I do have one question regarding this? What Bilstein 5100s should I go for? i see these are only shocks ware does the filft come into play?

·
Super Moderator
8,562 Posts
[You're not going to want to do any offroading with a spacer lift. You're going to tear up your upper ball joint. If you're doing anything other than mild gravel roads, dump the spacers and install the Bilstein 5100s instead. Do it right the first time.]

I do have one question regarding this? What Bilstein 5100s should I go for? i see these are only shocks ware does the filft come into play?
These are the front Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks. There are five grooves machined into the outside of the shock body that the lower spring seat is attached to. The user chooses which groove prior to installation. Attached is a chart showing what each spring perch setting gives you for lift.

Note that your 1.5" rear lift will also require longer rear shocks. I would strongly suggest replacing your rear shocks with these 5100s as well.

Shock Warehouse (TS membername: shockguys) is a great vendor and is a supporter of TS. :tu:

Check out this thread; this member has done exactly what I'm recommending...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would I need to replace the coil springs with these shocks?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok that is cool... Now regarding the rear... The shock you sent me for the rear i will install them with my 1.25" lift right? or would those go on with out the lift?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok that is cool.... Thank you for the info. Would you happen to know how much the diff drop sells for and where can I get one?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see these rears are for std hight to 1" lift will it still work on a 1 and 1/4" lift?

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Awesome I just ordered them.... Whoohoo!!!!!

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yea i will probably do so. thank you for all your advice.... I just have to make sure so here is one last question. All I have to do to my truck to lift or level it out a little is in stall the front and rear shocks you recomended me to buy right? Then install the diff drop thingy and do the hose clamp mod right?

·
Super Moderator
8,562 Posts
yea i will probably do so. thank you for all your advice.... I just have to make sure so here is one last question. All I have to do to my truck to lift or level it out a little is in stall the front and rear shocks you recomended me to buy right? Then install the diff drop thingy and do the hose clamp mod right?
If you are wanting some lift in the rear, then you will need either the lift blocks or the Add-a-Leaf (AAL) set. You can get either in 1", 1.5", etc. A Bilstein 5100 set at the 4th notch (from the bottom) with a 1" block/AAL in the rear will level the truck. Either can be purchased from Wheeler's.

I would not raise the fronts to the top notch just to be on the safe side for your CV angles. My $0.02.

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That is exacly what i wanted to hear.... I was thinking about the 2" front and one and a quarter in the rear. i am so darn excited Thank you for your help. After seeing today that I waisted money on the spacer I wanted sooooo many questions answered.... thank you again.

·
Super Moderator
8,562 Posts
That is exacly what i wanted to hear.... I was thinking about the 2" front and one and a quarter in the rear. i am so darn excited Thank you for your help. After seeing today that I waisted money on the spacer I wanted sooooo many questions answered.... thank you again.
Glad to help. Make sure you post up before & after pics in your gallery. :tu:

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
;)I will surely do so... Wow I have the lift kit front and rear, hellwig sway bar, diff drop kit and the new unichip to install as soon as all the stuff arrives... Wife is going to beat me...:angrywife:

:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts