Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The stealership tried to sell me an alarm that was already installed in the car. (the finance guy was really bitter when I said I didn't want it) They said that if I didn't pay for it they were going to take it out. On my 04 Tacoma all I did to turn the keyless entry into a fully functioning alarm was unplug this wire under the dash and instal a glass breakeage sensor. Can I do the same thing on my new truck? I have done a search and am still not sure what the deal is. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,435 Posts
Wht06Tundra said:
The stealership tried to sell me an alarm that was already installed in the car. (the finance guy was really bitter when I said I didn't want it) They said that if I didn't pay for it they were going to take it out. On my 04 Tacoma all I did to turn the keyless entry into a fully functioning alarm was unplug this wire under the dash and instal a glass breakeage sensor. Can I do the same thing on my new truck? I have done a search and am still not sure what the deal is. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
The "factory" keyless entry on a Tundra D-Cab cannot be converted to a full functioning alarm by a simple mod. It is not RS3200 based like the Tacoma or a Tundra Access Cab.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well there is no way they went in and un-installed anything. There was like a total of 5 mins from the time he asked me about the alarm till I walked out the door and drove off. And he didn't talk to anyone or tell them to take it off. If it is not the RS3200 what is it and how do I go about making it a full alarm?

·
Premium Member
6,435 Posts
Wht06Tundra said:
Well there is no way they went in and un-installed anything. There was like a total of 5 mins from the time he asked me about the alarm till I walked out the door and drove off. And he didn't talk to anyone or tell them to take it off. If it is not the RS3200 what is it and how do I go about making it a full alarm?
The D-Cab wireless door control and theft deterrent system is body ecu based. There is NO upgrade from keyless entry to factory theft deterrent system. Ony way to add an alarm is go aftermarket.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Usually it is an aftermarket alarm that the dealer puts on so they can have a single remote access all the cars on the dealer. I have not been able to find any advantages in most for the buyer. It is mostly for the dealers convenience as required on all their cars on the lots for insurance reasons. You are better off not buying the crap that the finance guy is trying to sell you and getting a aftermarket if you think you need it.

·
Premium Member
6,435 Posts
Wht06Tundra said:
So if they were telling me that there was already an alarm on it then it was an aftermarket alarm? Not something from toyota?
The only Toyota alarm for a d-cab is the factory "theft deterrent" system. It must come from the factory with that option.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And what exactly is the factory "theft deterrent" system capable of? Does it honk the horn and blink the lights if some a-hole gets a slim jim in there to unlock the doors?

Thanks for all your help by the way, it is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wht06Tundra said:
And what exactly is the factory "theft deterrent" system capable of? Does it honk the horn and blink the lights if some a-hole gets a slim jim in there to unlock the doors?

Thanks for all your help by the way, it is greatly appreciated.
Wht:
I also have a white '06 DC. I had some confusion regarding the factory installed theft deterent system. The system is labels "ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM W/ALARM Option Code : PN ANTI-THEFT SYSTEM W/ALARM".

Here is the way it works as I understand it: When you lock you doors (with either the fob or inside door locks) the alarm is set. If a door is open without unlocking it with the key or fob the horn will honk.

The way you can test this is to lock you doors with the windows rolled down. Wait a few minutes then reach in through the open window and open the door. The horn should should sound.

Hope that helps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.