Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question on buying a used 08 camry. The car belongs to my mother, it only has 5100 miles (my wife put a 1000 on it last week on a long trip). She leases the car and the lease is going to be up in a few months. The buyout price is 13,700. However, wife looked at some new ones last week and a brand new one out the door was 18g and some change. The 08 is an LE loaded with everything except sunroof and leather seats, it is also a 4 cyl. I will say for a 4 banger this thing has plenty of power!

My question would this be a good deal when you can get a 2010 for about 5000 more with complete warranty. Also is it possible to negotiate a better price on the payoff. I am not scared of the car at all being I know my mother has not hardly drove it any. The deals on new ones with the low financing rate though is making it a tough call. I could pay cash for her car but hate to knock my emergency funds down that much.

What are your opionios. If I could get this lease down a little would take my moms car. BTW, it has also had the recall thing done for the acceleration problems which hers has never done.

·
Registered
13 Posts
With all the bad rap Camrys & Toyota in general are getting their value has nose dived. CR does not recomend Camrys any more... another big negitive. Yet another big recall this week! Offer $10,000 then quickly turn around and walk out.
BTW Our '08 Camry LE has 3,245 miles on it. Oil & Filter changed four times.

Have a good one... before it's outsourced.. Don S

·
Registered
514 Posts
With all the bad rap Camrys & Toyota in general are getting their value has nose dived. CR does not recomend Camrys any more... another big negitive. Yet another big recall this week! Offer $10,000 then quickly turn around and walk out.
BTW Our '08 Camry LE has 3,245 miles on it. Oil & Filter changed four times.

Have a good one... before it's outsourced.. Don S

Get up to date..............CR does recommend Camrys again.

4 oil changes in 3,245 miles?????

Have some crackers with that whine.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not made a decision on it yet. I can't get the low financing on the 08 like I can a 2010. I was told the lease buyout is not negotiable but was not sure!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have an 08 Camry LE that I drive every day for 40 miles at 85-110 mph with no vibrations, no leaks, and it snaps from 65->105 in seconds.. It handles better than a patrol vehicle at the same speeds and I would argue is faster than the Ford Crown Victoria 4.6l with police package... I do have the 3.5 v6, but all else is bone stock down to the hub caps at 35000 miles. Also, the tires are Michelin MXV4 (was on the car new) that I keep at 40PSI.. Good car! I also have a 2007 Camry XLE loaded too and the 08 is quicker (computer taking on the driving habits for fuel-air mix). It's also faster than my Limited 2010 Tundra Crew Max 4x4 5.7L.... The 08 has all the good features of the new model as introduced in 07 and all the other issues resolved... There may be a transmission issue on the 4 cyl 5 speeds though... I only have 6-speed trannys in all mine so look on the forum and TSB's for that... Otherwise, great car.. No one will throw bottles at your car because it blends into the public (unlike my BMW X5... I'm not in America here in CA and people would throw stuff at my more expensive cars so I got rid of them to blend in)..

Have fun in your very very reliable car... it will slightly outlast Honda and last three times longer than a Ford and four times longer than a Chevy.

Oh.. I got recalls on every Toyota I have for the gas pedals and I have not changed any of them.... which was propoganda by the US to help out Chevy and Ford... In response, I ran out and bought the most expensive Toyota Tundra (50k) that I could find!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts