Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't think of a better title for this post. I currently own a 2006 SLT 8' box, crew cab, 2500 Cummins Dodge Ram that sits in my driveway not moving most of the year as it's used to launch our boat(5miles or 12 miles depending where the salmon and halibut are), do recycle runs to the dump or pick up lumber for a project. It's got a whopping 50,000 miles on it. I'm looking on the internet at 5.7 4x4 Tundras with behind the seat seating and what ever bed I can get(I need the 5.7 since the boat, trailer and gear weights close to 8500 pounds). The years I'm interested in are 2012-2018 with under 75,000 miles. I've seen a few in Washington and Oregon as that is where I'll go to buy one. Are there any issues with the range of years that I should be aware of?
Thank you for reading

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
You might get a better response on the general forum, or even the new member introduction, but I'm unaware of any problems in those range of years. I believe most of the bugs had been worked out at that point. I have a 2008, and it has been incredibly reliable. The only problem I have is I can see rust bubbling up inside the bed under the spray in liner, where it came from underneath. I don't think that was a problem on later models, but you could check to be sure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might get a better response on the general forum, or even the new member introduction, but I'm unaware of any problems in those range of years. I believe most of the bugs had been worked out at that point. I have a 2008, and it has been incredibly reliable. The only problem I have is I can see rust bubbling up inside the bed under the spray in liner, where it came from underneath. I don't think that was a problem on later models, but you could check to be sure.
Thank you for your reply. Ya I'm doing a lot of thinking about to sell or not to sell regarding the Cummins. We've owned lots of Toyota vehicles over the years and have had nothing but praise for the machines.

I'm actually not a new member but I can't sign in or get a id sent to me from this site to my original name "sisu" that will allow me to sign in. I tried but failed so I signed in off of FB.
Thank you again for your reply.
Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts