Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a new 2010 Tundra Crewmax SR5 and it didn't come with front skid plate. Want to get everyone's opinion if they would recommend getting one. I do mostly on-road driving and some off-road for fishing and camping. While looking through Sparks I've found 2 types of skid plates for my vehicle.

PT212-34071 - Large skid plate for $309
PT212-34070 - Small skid plate for $135

For anyone with skid plate currently installed. Is having a skid plate recommended? Which one would be better for my vehicle?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hmm, i thought all tundra's came with a factory skid plate, is your truck just 2wd? If your not really doing any serious off roading where your going to scrape the truck off of any object then there is really no need for one. I do a good bit of off roading and ive only scraped the skid plate once when there was a boulder covered under a foot of snow. But just camping and fishing prolly not needed.

·
Registered
916 Posts
In all honesty, the factory skid plates don't do much in terms of actually protecting your undercarriage. They are either for looks or better airflow under your vehicle. If you are concerned with protecting your undercarriage, you will need something more substantial than the factory plates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts