Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading about the open differential and some other modifications that can be made for when we are towing larger size boats that are pushing the 6500-7k lb range.

Can some one explain those modifications that can be made to help us do this?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was reading about the open differential and some other modifications that can be made for when we are towing larger size boats that are pushing the 6500-7k lb range.

Can some one explain those modifications that can be made to help us do this?
First of all, what truck configuration do you have? Second, can you be more specific on you question? A 4x2 can tow just as well as a 4x4. that is of course comparing both trucks having the factory tow package. Some boat towers are concerned with the boat ramps being too slick and needing 4x4. Not much you can do with a 4x2 in that case. You may get an actual mechanical locker on the rear diff. but it will still be a 4x2.

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
yeah as stated, 4x4 when towing is only gonna be used on a ramp when u need the extra grip. but the two wheel drive one should work well... i have a boat less than half that weight but never ever slipped a tire in this truck, my silverado that was a base truck would spin one continiously unless weight was added to the bed...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts