Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 Scion xB and would like to purchase after market headlights for it, but have one question. The ones that I am looking at have a separate high beam and low beam where the factory headlight has the high and low beam in one bulb.

How do you hook up the headlights with a separate high beam and low beam? Does it work with your existing factory wire harness? Can someone please explain this in detail to me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Most times the lights like that come with a harness so they work with your factory plug. There should be no splicing involved.

Be carefull about ebay lights though and ask if they are plug n play before you buy.

Happy modding.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey bro. If you look behind your factory headlight, you'll notice a square plug. The projection headlights I bought had a pigtail on the back of the headlight that connected the two separate lights (highbeam and lowbeam) together and into that square plug... Look for something on the add that says "Plug and Play" or "No Splicing Needed"

Good Luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I understand there are different colored lights available like white, bluish white etc. Generally OEM gives what color lights?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts