Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, can you put the turn signal housings in the oven and take apart the same as the head lamps? I'm not sure if part of the side marker is plastic housing and don't want to melt it all. I want to paint the housing, not tint the lens, so I have to get back to the housing. Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, ok. Well I'm getting black housing headlights and the turn signals look horrible. would tinting that way give it a good luck?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That does look pretty neat. I love the black housing though with the clear lens like on your headlights. Man, it would be perfect if I could get behind them haha. They would most likely melt if I put them in the oven though?

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
I just left mine clear. First week is was hurting my eyes but not anymore. Don't wanna tint from the outside. If you can get to the inside easily i'll do mine as well.

·
Registered
739 Posts
clockhart10 bought mine here at ts forums classifieds, first the corners from member raiderman, and the headlights from member battman :ts: just have to be patient, i wasnt planning on putting 05 bhlm on my 00 but it works jmo :becky:

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice, looks ultra-sharp. I love the black headlight and side marker look. I bought a new pair of side markers today. I'm going to try to very carefully separate the lens from housing without melting anything this weekend. I'll take pics and log temperatures and times that work or don't work. BTW, AWESOME HID retrofit vincas2005.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yeah let us know if you can get them apart safely. A friend of mine told me not to even try after he melted 2 sets I think lol. The headlights are no big deal but the sidemarkers aren't so easy.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I will give it a try. At worst, I'll try to use one of the headlights for the lens and one for the housing haha. At least its no loss if they get messed up. They are supposed to get here Thursday so these will probably be my weekend adventure

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
By the way it pisses me off that I can throw enchiladas in the plastic container they came with in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour, but I can't take apart a plastic side marker on a $26,000 dollar truck or however ever much we paid for it lol

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
How about cutting with dremel diamond blade or smth. or try like hot wire and then after tinting just epoxy back together.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think the corner lights are friction welded together, which is why you can't take them apart.

I bought 00-04 black corners and just cut the mounting tab off the side and used doubled sided tape for body work to hold it in place.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Marauder did you got those black corners on FleaBay? are these DOT legal without orange reflectors? as a lot of these say off road use only :(

Friction welded or ultrasonic is finito. Just cutting with hot wire or smth will do. Tint from inside of the lens would be nice.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does this mean the lens is attached by the plastic of the housing and there is no sealant or epoxy-like substance fusing them?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Marauder did you got those black corners on FleaBay? are these DOT legal without orange reflectors? as a lot of these say off road use only :(

I bought them off a member on this board, who had an extra set for some reason. They are the same as the headlight/sidemarker combos that used to be on ebay. It does have a DOT approval on it, I don't think corner markers need a orange reflector, as a lot of cars don't have them, but probably just need some kind of reflector.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For several years, the Camry came with a white turn signal reflector lens off the lot. There must by an orange bulb in the blinker, though

1 - 17 of 17 Posts