Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the rear seat DVD player which gives us the option of playing video from another source by attaching video/audio cables to the inputs located near the second row passenger climate controls. Problem is when I attach my video ipod to the inputs, the video shows up on the screen but the audio can only be heard via the wireless headsets and not through the speaker system. Is there any way of having the video source audio play through the speaker system or is it just setup for the headsets?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a set up w/ 2 headrest dvds. After a while we found out that you could hear the audio throught the car stereo. Tune the radio to FM 87.7 or near there. Try that. It is not in the manaul and the dealer didn't tell us, we just stumbled upon it after about a year. Would have been nice to know when we bought it.

Good luck.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have watched DVDs on the factory RES and heard them through the car speakers. There are some options on the front NAV unit that allow this. It is probably in the NAV manual.

·
Registered
94 Posts
IIRC, the Advent system in my wife's Platty transmits to the FM, and I think it is 88.7Mhz.

That information is actually in the Advent Manual, but you have to look for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tried tuning it to a station in the 80's range, could not get anything. Not sure if the factory model is made by advent. Wondering if the only way to hear audio for the video input is through the headsets - hope it is not limited to that one option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts