Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question here regarding the SAT radio (Sirius?) for my truck. <2008 Tundra with the JBL system & nav.>

I am wondering what exactly I'd need to do to get the satellite radio going in my truck? Is it as simple as calling up Sirius? Or would I need to put an antenna on the truck, etc?

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

And Barney, I searched already and didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind- I think I found out from another source.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You should be able to turn your radio to station #1 and it will give you the radio #. Once you have it, you call Sirius, give them the radio # and they will activate your service. I think you can do it online too!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
channel # 1, while in Sat mode.

·
Don't argue with an insomniac.
5,569 Posts
Mine has the Sat button on it, and it's Sat ready but I needed to install a receiver, Toyota translator box or whatever I can't remember what it's called, and connect it all to the back of the vehicle's radio. And I put my antenna under the middle front speaker grill. I love it, use it all the time.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine has the Sat button on it, and it's Sat ready but I needed to install a receiver, Toyota translator box or whatever I can't remember what it's called, and connect it all to the back of the vehicle's radio. And I put my antenna under the middle front speaker grill. I love it, use it all the time.
You got part numbers for the pieces you had to order? And where did you get them? Sparks TRD?

I'm assuming I need those, because I can;t even go into SAT mode on the head unit.

·
Registered
121 Posts
You will need the Toyota interface and the sirrus tuner. The total runs about 130 IIRC. Best Buy, Crutchfield and others have it all. Toyota dealer wanted almost $800 for the same setup. By Sat ready all they mean is it has the selector button on the HU. On mine, the antenna on the dash was crap. Always searching for signal. I put mine on the roof by running it through the window weatherstripping. Don't waste your time on the dash antenna. I had best Buy do the install, incl the antenna it was about $50.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
5,211 Posts
Did it come with 90 day free trial way back when you bought it? If not, then it is merely Sat "ready" and you will need the additional equipment. Roof antennae gets better reception.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts