Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be a dumb question but its bothering the heck out of me. I tried performing a search but couldn't find anything on this subject. My 2010 DC came with heated mirrors. On the bottom right corner of the mirror (driver side, bottom left on the passenger) is an icon. Is this suppose to light up when I turn the defogger switch on? I tried looking in the manual but to no avail. Here's a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahhh...okay--thanks guys. I thought I was missing out on something.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Good. You save me having to dig that info out!:ts:

·
Registered
379 Posts
Although, now that you said something... I bet it'd be pretty easy to make that light up with a small LED... hmmmm I smell a PROJECT!

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
The little icon isn't there to "light up". It is there to indicate that they'll get heated when you press "that" button ("that" being the rear-defroster button).

·
Registered
7,461 Posts
FYI the "objects in mirror are closer than they apear" deal doesnt light up either. just in case you are wonderin. :)

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Although, now that you said something... I bet it'd be pretty easy to make that light up with a small LED... hmmmm I smell a PROJECT!
I smell a post on how your mirror got broke for a mod with no value added.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Since when does a mod have to "add value"??? Shoot, there would only be like 3 posts a day here if that was the case!! :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys,

nope doesnt light up...
BUT, I did notice that on my 2010 RC, the drivers side mirror works twice as fast (actually steaming at times) at defrosting as the passengers. The passenger mirror leaves a 2 inch diameter area right in the middle of the mirror where no defrost occurs?

The pass.mirror was changed by the dealer when new (three mos. ago) because of a scratch during delivery.

Any ideas why this is happening? faulty wiring? did the dealer break something or not plug in a wire?

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
I wonder. I had my drivers one on mine done a year and half ago. Truth is I have not had to turn it on this year. I will try to look if we do get hit with snow this weekend. My guess is yours is hooked up or it would not work at all.

BTW, I would not bother with modding, the mirror is full of a brown fluid that would leak if you drilled the mirror to backlight the symbol. And that stuff is very tough to get off paint. I think someone posted they had to have door repainted.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nope – the icon is just there to let you know it's a heated mirror.

Apollo10 – sounds like you may have gotten a defective replacement mirror. Take it back to the dealer to have in inspected and have them replace it with a new one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
No, the icon does not light up. But the heated mirrors are part of the cold weather package, I believe. If this is true, you also have a grid heater in the bottom of your windshield to de-ice your wiper blades. The same switch that operates the heated mirrors operates the grid. When the mirror heat is on, so is the wiper grid. Kind of a neat feature, IMO.

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
No, the icon does not light up. But the heated mirrors are part of the cold weather package, I believe. If this is true, you also have a grid heater in the bottom of your windshield to de-ice your wiper blades. The same switch that operates the heated mirrors operates the grid. When the mirror heat is on, so is the wiper grid. Kind of a neat feature, IMO.
OK - that reminds me of a question that I have about my 2011 DC Limited which I have not figured out yet. The factory brochure says that DC Limited trucks should have the cold weather package, but my window sticker does not mention it. I do have the heated mirrors, but I can't tell yet (I have only had my new baby for a bit over a month) if I have the windshield heater or not. Other than turning it on when the truck is frozen and covered in snow/ice is there any way that you can you tell if it has that or not?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts