Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So people are saying that they have piston slap. Does anyone have solid evidence that it is slap, besides their ears? Has anyone taken the head off and inspected everything... ?

·
Registered
528 Posts
You know the answer.....its a big NO to every question you just asked. I would bet that most of the folks mentioning "piston slap" have no idea what it is.....what they are listening to...or what normal operation of there engine sounds like.

....and then there are others who like to jump on the complaints bandwagon or start silly complaints and wonder why nobody else is complaining or having the same problem.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Good grief.

At this point there are more Piston Slap speculation threads and posts than actual instances. (none of which have even been proven yet as piston slap)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Do you even like your Tundra? For that matter, do you even own one?

Why hang out on a Tundra forum if your only objective is to be negative and pull everyone down? People are free to post any problems that they have. Take a look at the other Tundra (2006 and prior) forum. No one's prevented from posting anything.

However, that is not what is happening here. There are hardly any problems with the Tundra but people like you are disrupting the flow of this forum by choosing to focus to diverting people's attention from enjoying their vehicles.

What exactly were you trying to do with Cooper S? On any other forum, that would be considered trolling and would have resulted in a ban. However, the moderators here are lenient and have decided to let you continue posting. I hope they revise their decision in the future because thanks to people like you, I no longer find it enjoyable to hang out here.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I searched and searched and no one had evidence of the slap. I see that dude's sig with "I wouldnt buy a 5.7L" etc etc.. (so sell it dude).

Even if there was an issue with the motor... and I am sure that there isnt one, who is going to put 60k on the thing before a problem is reported and a TSB made? No one.

everyone needs to quit bitching about stuff they obviously know nothing about. I love this site, but recently there are way too many threads going on with ppl bitching about nothing at all. I have an 07. I love my 07. I have no issues with it cept for the dash noise. It doesnt leak oil. It starts right up. Balls to the wall power. I smile everytime I hear my truck start with that flowmaster on it.

I guess all I am saying is if you think you have piston slap:
1. look up piston slap so you know what it is...
2. if you really think thats it, bring it in and have the motor looked at.

if you have slap and are waiting for Toyota to do somthing about it, they arent if they dont know about it. They dont know about it cause you are all too busy complaining on a message board then bringing the truck in to the dealer or shop.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I searched and searched and no one had evidence of the slap. I see that dude's sig with "I wouldnt buy a 5.7L" etc etc.. (so sell it dude).

Even if there was an issue with the motor... and I am sure that there isnt one, who is going to put 60k on the thing before a problem is reported and a TSB made? No one.

everyone needs to quit bitching about stuff they obviously know nothing about. I love this site, but recently there are way too many threads going on with ppl bitching about nothing at all. I have an 07. I love my 07. I have no issues with it cept for the dash noise. It doesnt leak oil. It starts right up. Balls to the wall power. I smile everytime I hear my truck start with that flowmaster on it.

I guess all I am saying is if you think you have piston slap:
1. look up piston slap so you know what it is...
2. if you really think thats it, bring it in and have the motor looked at.

if you have slap and are waiting for Toyota to do somthing about it, they arent if they dont know about it. They dont know about it cause you are all too busy complaining on a message board then bringing the truck in to the dealer or shop.
Well said...I couldn't agree with you more. I love my Tundra as well but that has not stopped me from complaing about a couple minor little things that I addressed with my service manager and toyota directly. Both have treated me extremely well and I couldn't be any happier.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Oh my goodness. At this point there are more Piston Slap speculation threads and posts than actual instances (none of which have even been proven yet as piston slap)

And I think that is the most significant point. Excellent post.

·
Banned
223 Posts
I know this is apples to oranges but ...... We have an Acura that my wife drives that has had piston slap when cold for about 150k miles so far. It has not hurt a thing - only makes the noise when stone cold. If you drive maybe a mile or so, it quietens down and purrs. At the rate its going, I think we will get another 150k out of it. Does not use oil and is actually the best car we have ever had. :cool: :tu:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Good point, and as its been mentioned before, even if it is piston slap, GMs have it, Fords have it, Dodges have a "tick" etc. Its not as if its a "you have 100 miles before it implodes" problem.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I bet it's just a noisy fuel injector and absolutely harmless. If it's true at all. This site is loaded with a lot of BS
I couldnt agree more. It seems like there has been a tremendous amount of tension within this site lately...alot of name calling, bitching, etc. Bottom line, I dont know if it troll's or not...but, I am VERY happy with my truck and have read many other threads where people are happy with their 07' as well. As of yet, I have not heard or seen 1 shred of evidence that the 07' has any problems. Could it be that Toyota built a solid truck from day 1? Of course its possible and highly likely. If anything, it sounds like there may be alot of jealous haters out there.....IMHO, this is a solid truck that in its first couple months of production has had NO issues...I repeat, NO issues. I hope that others can respect the fact that Toyota has hit a home run and the jealousy needs to stop.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I couldnt agree more. It seems like there has been a tremendous amount of tension within this site lately...alot of name calling, bitching, etc. Bottom line, I dont know if it troll's or not...but, I am VERY happy with my truck and have read many other threads where people are happy with their 07' as well. As of yet, I have not heard or seen 1 shred of evidence that the 07' has any problems. Could it be that Toyota built a solid truck from day 1? Of course its possible and highly likely. If anything, it sounds like there may be alot of jealous haters out there.....IMHO, this is a solid truck that in its first couple months of production has had NO issues...I repeat, NO issues. I hope that others can respect the fact that Toyota has hit a home run and the jealousy needs to stop.
I agree. And I understand on many websites that you have to filter through some bs to get the true consensus, but seems like there is way too much bs, or at best, gratuitous speculation going on here. My truck has been a gem, I'm pleased in every respect. We bought my wife an FJ Cruiser 6 months ago, and part of the reason I bought this Crewmax was the satisfaction with our Cruiser. I haven't been disappointed, well, other than the negative comments. On a snowmobile website i belong to, one Joe sixpack Pro American type, apparently annoyed because I bought a Japanese brand, actually doctored a NHSTA safety recall and posted it up to read that there was a recall on the 07 Tundras....total bs. It really degrades the credibility of a site when too much of that is allowed.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I agree. And I understand on many websites that you have to filter through some bs to get the true consensus, but seems like there is way too much bs, or at best, gratuitous speculation going on here. My truck has been a gem, I'm pleased in every respect. We bought my wife an FJ Cruiser 6 months ago, and part of the reason I bought this Crewmax was the satisfaction with our Cruiser. I haven't been disappointed, well, other than the negative comments. On a snowmobile website i belong to, one Joe sixpack Pro American type, apparently annoyed because I bought a Japanese brand, actually doctored a NHSTA safety recall and posted it up to read that there was a recall on the 07 Tundras....total bs. It really degrades the credibility of a site when too much of that is allowed.
Absolutely! And, it appears to me that this site was not as cynical before the release of the 07' Tundra. But, it has since become a warzone and battleground for truck enthusiast. Of course, the 1/2 ton pickup is the most important vehicle for any manufacturer (Ford F150 for example) as there are more pickups sold in America than any other vehicle. Therefore, I understand that there are Toyota "haters" who want to bash the Tundra to help them believe internally that their beloved Ford, Chevy, or Dodge is supreme. But, I hope that some of these people can mature and realize that its just a truck. And, its ok to agree to disagree instead of bashing and stating that "my truck is better than yours, so F**k off". By bashing the Tundra and creating a falicy (like piston slap) is childish and a form of jealousy. I can be jealous too, but am not going to bash another truck to the point of being rude just to make my self feel justified about my own truck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts