Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a y pipe now and want true dual straights. will this system mess up my engine because of no back pressure? i say this because i read how tundras need alot of back pressure? im not doing this for the performance, but the sound.
thanks for any responses. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
you can do true duals and should be fine I have straight pipes with 40 series flowmasters and no h or y pipe and I havent thrown any codes or engine light. But I am about to change out my flowmasters for turbo tubes cause I want to be a whole lot louder and want performance as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
If you get true duals you will lose backpressure (esp with the y-pipe). This will cause you to lose some low end torque. Some members have mentioned that it is not a noticeable loss and others say they can tell the difference. I've also read on here that the biggest factor in changing the backpressure has been changing the y-pipe and also if you want torque and some good sound, get headers.

·
Registered
606 Posts
I put a Bassani exhaust on my truck when I had 32K on it. I don't remember saying to myself that the truck lost any torque. It just felt less constipated, if you know what I mean. Bassani did a lot of R&D with Tundrasolution members back in 2000, so I think they got their system right. I later added the JBA shorty headers too. It is now over 10 years old and has almost 170K miles and it still feels as powerful and torquey as ever for a small V-8 engine. I would do the same thing all over again, without reservation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts