Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased my '07 Tundra last week. Silver 4x2 Double Cab Sr5 with the 4.7 Engine, but i have a question on something i noticed after i drove it home. I should have looked but i was not expecting the tow hitch set up to be missing as it's supposed be standard equipment!!. It was listed under the standard list on the window sticker but i didnt see until later under the option list that it said :tow ...-400. The plug is still there but did the dealer take off the hitch or is that something that they did at the plant? and am i SOL?

·
Deliciously Blunt
5,667 Posts
Are you missing the hitch receiver itself?! or did it just not come with a tow bracket (slides into receiver)? They don't come with a ball and bracket. if it said '-$400' on the sticker for tow, that cancels out what is listed in the standard equipment. For instance, on the sticker for my Vette it says 'automatic transmission' under the standard equipment listing, but in the other column it says '6 speed manual transmission', which is what the car actually has. It's essentially an 'option' that cancels out a standard. Check with the dealer, but it looks like the "option" took off $400 by cancelling out the tow package.

If it has the pin connector for hooking up a trailer harness, you can just buy a Hidden Hitch on the web and install it. I did this with my Tacoma...the truck had everything I wanted except a towing package, so I bought a hitch receiver for about $120, and installed a $39 4-pin connector (which you won't need)...it took me a little over an hour, a cheater bar, and a buddy to get done. This may be your best route.:)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it was the total hitch receiver!.. Looks like it's all wired up ready to go just need to add a new receiver. Ok thanks!! i'll have to look into those hidden receivers. Probably look into getting some oval step bars first but waiting till some of the smaller companies come out with em as theiy're not cheap from either Toyota or Westin Automotive. One nice thing they added to my options was 18 inch alloy wheels and bedliner.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Just one thing to look for when buying the Hidden Hitch (or any hitch). A class IV hitch is good for up to 7500lbs, but a class IV weight distributing hitch is good up to 10,000lbs. That's what the OEM hitch is.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I just purchased my '07 Tundra last week. Silver 4x2 Double Cab Sr5 with the 4.7 Engine, but i have a question on something i noticed after i drove it home. I should have looked but i was not expecting the tow hitch set up to be missing as it's supposed be standard equipment!!. It was listed under the standard list on the window sticker but i didnt see until later under the option list that it said :tow ...-400. The plug is still there but did the dealer take off the hitch or is that something that they did at the plant? and am i SOL?
I may be mistaken, but I believe the tow package only comes standard with the 5.7

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I believe the Sports Package comes without the receiver. Did you get the Sports Package??

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No i dont have the sports package that i know of. It's got the chrome bumpers so im guessing the hitch receiver just happened to be taken off when the options were put on at the factory. I called my dealership and they said they can hook my up with dealer price from a local shop that installs hitchs for them.

Another question, does anyone know of any other aftermarket companies besides Westin that have the stainless steel side steps out yet for the 07 Tundra DC??
It's amazing how many people sit and stare as i drive past! :D

·
Registered
59 Posts
In my opinion (if other know better, please say so) do not allow the dealer to arrange some other party to add a hitch - do it yourself. Dealer price for U-Haul to add a hitch will be more expensive than if you called U-Haul yourself and added one. I'd call a U-haul or other hitch installer to get a price and then ask the dealer for his price.

·
Registered
338 Posts

Must have been ordered from factory that way. I was under the impression all '07 v8's came with "tow package" inclusive of frame mounted hitch, AT cooler/gauge, higher rear gear, high output alternator, prewires for break controller. Did they also not include those?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only thing on my truck is the 4 point connector. I have no idea about the internal parts that's supposed to be on it. Its been extremely frustrating so i went straight to the top and contacted Toyotas customer service people via email. They replied first thing this morning and stated that they have contacted the customer service manager at my dealer and he is to get in contact with me no later than May 3rd. If he doesnt, they ask for me to contact them again. We'll see what happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts