Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, first post! Been following the forums for some time now, yesterday picked up my new Double cab SB 4x4 with pretty much every option including NAV.

Love the truck, have a couple questions I can't find the answer to.

I have the power heated tow mirrors, can I buy the standard mirrors and swap them myself?

The truck came with a bedliner but no deck rail system (opposite what I wanted but was only truck in state available). How easy is it to install the deck rail system? I assume I'd have to ditch the bedliner or custom cut it to fit...which would be a lot of work. Would I be better off just ditching the liner and getting a line-x?

Thanks for any advice,

Matt
Colorado

·
Registered
595 Posts
The rail system is super easy. It's a total of about 15 screws. No drilling, the nut plates are already in the bed. Take a look. My 11 YO could have done it.

Your bed liner may require some trimming, I'd have to see it to be positive.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Below is an E-mail I sent to Toyota, and their response. I am looking for a DC with TM's. I am curious as to why they can't be swapped!

Subject
Tundra Question

Discussion Thread
Response (Brandi C) 04/06/2007 11:53 AM
Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

We apologize for your concern in finding the vehicle of your choice.

Unfortunately, the tow mirrors are factory installed and cannot be switched out with the standard heated mirrors.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters under file #200704060677. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Brandi Galindo-Cherry
Toyota Customer Experience
04/05/2007 08:54 PM

I am looking for a Tundra, Double Cab, with the extendable tow mirrors. I found a vehicle with the options I want, but is has the standard heated mirrors. The dealer said they can swap the heated mirrors for the extended mirrors. I had two other dealers tell me that the mirrors are vehicle specific and that the heated mirrors can not be switched to the extended tow mirrors. Who is correct??

·
Registered
210 Posts
How did you contact Toyota through email? I would like to know if the JBL deck and steering wheel controls can be installed at the dealer. I don't care about the 12 speakers, I just want the steering wheel controls. My CrewMax comes in the week of May 14th with everything I wanted, except the JBL system. Not a deal breaker I guess, I would have to wait till August if I really wanted it! Survived without the controls for most of my life, right?

·
Registered
197 Posts
;) DUDE GET THE LINE-X ...rail system will bolt on over it...far superior to plastic liner...haven;t you noticed them things on the highway when they have blown out of the box??

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
I think it is important to note what is actually possible to add or take away from our trucks VS. what Toyota or a dealer will be able and or willing to do. I do not want the 'sonar' feature, but was told that if the truck has it on the original build (invoice) then the dealer has to keep it there. I even asked about swapping the carpet floor mats for the all weather ones- 'No can do' was the response that I got, said in a nice tone, but my sales lady said that they cannot remove or alter the options list of the truck. Makes a little sense in an 'accounting' vein of thought. Obviously, something as simple as floor mats can be changed at the dealer, but alas, are they willing, or maybe Toyota does restrict this. I don't know for sure, and I am guessing some dealers will be more willing to bend the rules, so to speak. However, as popular as some of the models seem to be (read - 5.7 4x4) they don't have to be 'bend' very much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts