Toyota Tundra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends,

My first post in Tundrasolutions. I've learned a *lot* reading the various forums here - thanks very much! I now have some questions for you experts.

I've been researching Tundras - this will be my first. I've test driven a few and talked with owners and done a lot of reading here and have decided on the configuration I want. It is a valid configuration, but is rare, so I will have to special order, I believe. This is okay, because I'm not in a hurry - a few weeks or even months is okay with me. However, there are some attractive terms out there that I would like to lock in relatively soon.

The specifics: I want a 2012 metallic grey crewmax, graphite interior, 5.7L 4x4, tundra grade (bench seat in front is essential) with tow package, no other options/packages. Following the general advice here, I will upgrade this Tundra with aftermarket components after I take possession.

I have emailed numerous dealers in my area (South Carolina), requesting quotes. I expect the answer will come back that it is not available and will have to be ordered.

Where should I expect to land, in terms of negotiation, given that it will be a special order, relative to invoice price? If I pay invoice (before incentives, taxes, tag), is that a good deal?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Friends,

My first post in Tundrasolutions. I've learned a *lot* reading the various forums here - thanks very much! I now have some questions for you experts.

I've been researching Tundras - this will be my first. I've test driven a few and talked with owners and done a lot of reading here and have decided on the configuration I want. It is a valid configuration, but is rare, so I will have to special order, I believe. This is okay, because I'm not in a hurry - a few weeks or even months is okay with me. However, there are some attractive terms out there that I would like to lock in relatively soon.

The specifics: I want a 2012 metallic grey crewmax, graphite interior, 5.7L 4x4, tundra grade (bench seat in front is essential) with tow package, no other options/packages. Following the general advice here, I will upgrade this Tundra with aftermarket components after I take possession.

I have emailed numerous dealers in my area (South Carolina), requesting quotes. I expect the answer will come back that it is not available and will have to be ordered.

Where should I expect to land, in terms of negotiation, given that it will be a special order, relative to invoice price? If I pay invoice (before incentives, taxes, tag), is that a good deal?
Don't pay more than $300 above dealer cost. Invoice cost is to much to pay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am in the same boat as you...I am lucky because I have a friend who is the Sales manager at a dealer in the north east.. I am getting a Tundra crew max with bench seat and tow package..I have priced out one with a MSRP of 38,025 the invoice is 35,867. There is a 500 customer cash back available plus 0% for 60 months for tier 3 credit and above which is about a 650-660 score ..Im paying 34,525 plus tax and tags...they are still making a little money but they are doing a locate..there is approx a $1400 (i dont know if the 500 cash back applies to that amount) in trunk money that's profit to the dealers below the invoice pricing so I think its fair considering I get 0% nothing out of pocket and they locate my trunk..

Hope your search goes well let me know what upgrades you do after because I am going to do bunch as well because when you go crewmax and 6 seats you get nothing...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to give you an update, Car was located and incoming..MSRP 36275..Base crewmax with tow package... invoice 32546...500 customer cash back plus 2% hold back (approx 650)..purchase price is 32,000 plus tax and tag...I didnt argue about the hold back since they did a dealer trade and generally cost about 400 bucks to swap if you are the one asking for the trade you pay the transport.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I received my 4x4 5.7L Crewmax about a week ago. So far, I have gotten Line-X applied in the bed and on step rails. I hope to install the rails and TRD rear sway bar tomorrow. I am truly enjoying it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great to hear mine comes in around the 26th ! Let me know how the sway bar feels..I'm a truck owner newbie but changed the sway on my Audi, Vette and Maserati and always loved the tighter feel...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts