Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering buying the paint-matched replacement grille from trdparts4u from my white tundra. I know some members here already have them and I have a a couple questions. First is, can I take the logo off my original grill and put it on the new one? I haven't really taken a good look at the stock grille to see how the logo is attached and the trdparts4u website doesn't mention anything. Second, is there a bumper grille replacement I could get somewhere that would match the trdparts one or does it look good with the stock plastic honeycomb one? Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
I bought that same grille for my white '06 DC Limited (4x4) and like it very much. The logo in the stock grille simply pops out, no screws involved. I didn't try putting it in my new grille but I'm sur it just wouldn't "pop" in. You would have to figure a way to secure it. Don't know anything about the lower bumper grille. Buy the grille, it is very good quality and I think you will be happy with it. I understand it is made by the same people who make the Darrell Waltrip edition grille for Toyota. Good luck.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The color matches perfectly on my white DC, check out my gallery to see the Toyota emblem mounted on the grille. I used black wire and wrapped it around the mounting prongs on the emblem, they stick through the grille, leaving enough space for wire to hold it on. It doesn't budge either, make sure the wire is tight and twist together the ends with a pliers to tighten it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah I painted it, used plastic primer first after a thourough cleaing, then chrome paint (which I despise personally because it usually does't have a nice finish but it worked in this instance) and it has stayed on for over a year now, no chipping etc.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have one on my 04 white D/C and I plan on taking the mesh insert off and getting it powder coated black to match the lower grille.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts