Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 Crewmax. I have a flip down monitor coming in the mail to replace the sunglass area.

Two questions:
  1. Does anyone have a picture of what the rear camera plug n play plug looks like and where, approximatly, I can find it.
  2. Can this camera (or one similar) be wired into the wiring in the plug? Night Vision License Car Rear view Backup Camera CMOS | eBay
Yes I know it's cheap, but for the price I thought I would give it a try. The cheapest I found the Rostra tailgate handle camera is $195. (Does anyone know of a cheaper better solution?)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
You can splice the camera into the Tundra wiring. People with the Rostra kit have done it and there are directions. It is not a big deal to run the video cable up to the back of the display if it has the rca connector on it like the Rostra one does.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please do let me know how it goes. They all look the same. For the price I will try one out and toss it if it doesnt work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You can splice the camera into the Tundra wiring. People with the Rostra kit have done it and there are directions. It is not a big deal to run the video cable up to the back of the display if it has the rca connector on it like the Rostra one does.
Thanks very much.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts