Toyota Tundra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where the valet switch is on an 06 tundra sr5 ext. cab? I see a little red button but it doesn't do anything, and is not a switch. any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Mech. Engr. / Mechanic
824 Posts
does anyone know where the valet switch is on an 06 tundra sr5 ext. cab? I see a little red button but it doesn't do anything, and is not a switch. any help is greatly appreciated!
Depends on which alarm system your truck has. If you have the Securikey system (SET trucks and GST trucks) the manual is in my picture gallery and it is the little red button.

This is from an 06 DC Securikey manual.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
hi, i do not know why you want to do this. but thats your business.
however, i never did it to my tundra's alarm.
WHY???
my wife plays with her alarm all the time. & when she does, i have to go out & fix it. she turn's it off, than it messes with everything. the alarm goes off, when she try's to lock it. open it, etc...
it goes wacko.
leave it alone.
i gave her the directions ,how to. she lost them. i have to re-write them. when this happens again. when i get them from your dealership. all or most advisors at the dealership can tell you how.

write it down. makes copys. just in case.

as for the button under the dash a little red button, it is for the tire pressure re-set button override. or so i've been told on this forum. mine re-set's itself, if the tire goes low, the light comes on. when i fill it, and restart the tundra, the light always goes off. i'm happy i never had to use it.
the little red LED on the dash usually to the left of the steering wheel, is for the alarm.
gorilla

·
Registered
137 Posts
as for the button under the dash a little red button, it is for the tire pressure re-set button override. or so i've been told on this forum. mine re-set's itself, if the tire goes low, the light comes on. when i fill it, and restart the tundra, the light always goes off. i'm happy i never had to use it.
the little red LED on the dash usually to the left of the steering wheel, is for the alarm.
gorilla
Gorilla you are correct about the red button. It's use-fullness, I believe is for things like flats and such where you can't just fill the offending tire. You can reset the system so it reads all sensors as normal at that point.
I didn't know we had a valet button?

·
Registered
167 Posts
I know this is an old thread but the valet switch for my '06 DC is located hidden inside the fuse box on the lower left panel underneath the steering wheel. I missed it because it was so small but it's definitely the valet switch after testing it. It's part of the dealer installed alarm system Pro2032 Pursuit Series by Audiovox.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts